• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where & what is trunk power outlet fuse?

MZ5

Reaction score
Visit site
I blew the fuse (I suppose?) to the power outlet in the trunk (frunk). This is the factory Honda outlet, installed by the dealer. My owners manual is partly destroyed by water, and not with me anyway. Where is the fuse for this outlet, and what type & 'size' (amperage) is it? I'd like to stop and get one at the auto parts store on my way.

Also, is there something else I'm not without, on account of the blown fuse, that I'll wish was working in an hour or so? Charging system appears to still be functional, so I'm guessing I'm okay.

Thanks for the help, sorry I couldn't just look it up for myself in the book. Search here didn't help me, though I'm sure the info's here somewhere...

It's the accessory fuse. Nothing major stay calm. Remove the maintenance lid in the frunk (the one that lets you get to the battery 2 Phillip headed screws). To the left side of the battery is the fuse box it's labled with what fuse is what and in the fuse box lid is a spare fuse swap them out.

Gigs

It's the accessory fuse. Nothing major stay calm. Remove the maintenance lid in the frunk (the one that lets you get to the battery 2 Phillip headed screws). To the left side of the battery is the fuse box it's labled with what fuse is what and in the fuse box lid is a spare fuse swap them out.
Gigs

Not sure that's 100% accurate. The instructions for the OEM accessory socket show an ACC harness with a 1 amp AGC (glass tube) fuse that is secondary to the 7.5 amp blade fuse that plugs into the main fuse bus. If the dealer installed this then it would be under the left side cover near where the sub-harness is plugged in. You'll have to remove the side cover to get at it. If you plugged in anything that took more draw then a phone charger or GPS that's probably why it blew.

OEM Socket Instructions for reference: http://powersports.honda.com/Products/accessories.aspx?filename=08V71-MGS-A30.pdf

Ah. I just wired in a trackside brand socket to my harness. I don't have that fuse. Follow his instructions

Gigs

IMO it's a stupid design to have not only a dissimilar fuse in the mix but to also have it located under the side cover. Boo on Honda for that one. That's why I installed a mini-blade fuse in-line and ran the wiring up to the battery compartment when I installed my accessory outlet. You may want to consider something similar.

Also to answer the second part of your question...assuming that it was the 1amp fuse that blew then no, it would not affect anything else. If it was the 7.5 amp blade fuse then anything else hooked up to the accessory harness would also not work (i.e. OEM heated grips) not sure what else they run off of it.

Perfect. Thanks, fellows. Must be the AGC that blew, because heated grips (also Honda) are working properly. I should have what I need at home.

MZ5 you should consider adding a 15 amp power outlet on your handlebars. http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Outlet-Lighter-Handlebar-Harness/dp/B007ILHGYM
I installed two power outlets on my bike. One on the handlebars and one in the cubby, both are 15 amp rated. If something happens to one the other can still operate an air compressor. One of mine requires the dreaded glass fuse. After blowing said fuse, because of operator stupidity during installation. At least it was easily accessible and I now carry a 5-pack in the bottom of the cubby. (just in case)

Yes, I probably should. And I will. At some point. I may have mentioned before that, even though I understand just fine, I _HATE_ automotive electrical work. :(

Back