• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Schuberth Helmet beaware

drorya

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Folks

wanted to share with you my experience with Schuberth company....

I have bought a new Schuberth S1 helmet from an that auction site seller on March 2013.

Unfortunately it seems that there is manufacturing problem with visors .
I have contacted Schuberth service center but they keep sending me to the that auction site seller which does not respond.
I have sent an email to Schuberth CEO who seems to ignore my message.
Be aware that in case you are buying Schuberth products online they do not stand behind their products.
My Email to Schuberth CEO
Dear Mr Lejeune,

I am reaching you after getting the attached emails from your service center and would like to ask for your help.
I need your intervention as I am not satisfied from the answers given and need a proper resolution for my problem.
I have purchased a new Schuberth helmet from German that auction site seller on March 2013. (I am using your product for a decade now and generally speaking very pleased with your fine product)
Last week while driving my bike I found out that the inner coating of visor has peeled of when it was raining ( I barely saw anything in the rain and luckily got home ).
I have contacted your service center representative who sent me to the seller who does not respond.
Since it's a manufacturing problem I expect Shuberth to stand behind her product and take responsibility for manufacturing issues raised.(In case needed I am more than willing to send the visor for inspection in order to prove it was not misused)
I had the same problem on 2011 ( which I thought that you fixed thus this is why I bought Schuberth again).
On 2011 your company took responsibility and replaced my visor with on my old helmet .

Sincerely
Dror

2013-12-12 07.52.25.jpg

I hope they get back to you and step up to the plate....
Incidently, I bought my first and only Schuberth helmet many years ago.... I guess it was one of the first ones. It stunk so bad inside, it was making me dizzy.... Some toxic smell from the foam / inside lining.... I don't know...
But if I closed the visor - 30 seconds is all I could stand... Needless to say it was sold, I only had it for one week and tried to vent it, spray it, wash it, etc,.... no dice.

I hope they don't have that issue these days...

Last edited:
I hope they get back to you and step up to the plate....
Incidently, I bought my first and only Schuberth helmet many years ago.... I guess it was one of the first ones. It sunk so bad inside, it was making me dizzy.... Some toxic scent from the foam / inside lining.... I don't know...
But if I closed the visor - 30 seconds is all I could stand... Needless to say it was sold, I only had it for one week and tried to vent it, spray it, wash it, etc,.... no dice.

I hope they don't have that issue these days...

Hi
Nope in smell matter it's Ok. ( no smells ,odors , etc)
The helmet is very good in Isolating the noise and TMHO feels solid on the head.
Never the less their customer service sucks and they do not really understand the nature of service....
Cheers happy Christmas
Dror

It's hard for me to see, so I will ask (this is not meant as an insult; I just can't tell from the picture)--

Is that just the protective plastic that one pulls off when one buys the helmet/shield?

I had a BMW helmet that did the same thing. BMW replaced the visor even though the warrantee period was nearly over. (Nearly 2 years!)
apparently BMW are much service oriented than Schuberth who do not take responsibility of their manufacturing problems
Needless to say that their CEO did not even respond.
I would describe their service in one word disgrace

It's hard for me to see, so I will ask (this is not meant as an insult; I just can't tell from the picture)--

Is that just the protective plastic that one pulls off when one buys the helmet/shield?

It's a thin layer of coating against fog
It's not the one who guard the helmet against scratches before you use it :)
This is vey very thin coating which is not meant to be peeled of

My C3 has had zero problems in two years. Best helmet I own, very comfortable, pinlock visor.I wear mine all winter riding my sled as well.

apparently BMW are much service oriented than Schuberth who do not take responsibility of their manufacturing problems
Needless to say that their CEO did not even respond.
I would describe their service in one word disgrace

You seem to be painting with a pretty broad stroke here drorya. There are plenty of folks witrh Schuberth products, myself included that have nothing but praise for the helmets and the warranty service. I have a C3 that I bought from an on-line dealer (Revzilla). After a year I had a problem with the visor not staying in place and after I contacted Schuberth I had replacement parts in less than 3 days, free of charge.

I would guess that your real problem stems from the fact that you bought from an auction site, rather than a legitemate dealer.

Last edited:
You seem to be painting with a pretty broad stroke here drorya. There are plenty of folks witrh Schuberth products, myself included that have nothing but praise for the helmets and the warranty service. I have a C3 that I bought from an on-line dealer (Revzilla). After a year I had a problem with the visor not staying in place and after I contacted Schuberth I had replacement parts in less than 3 days, free of charge.

I would guess that your real problem stems from the fact that you bought from an auction site, rather than a legitemate dealer.

I don't think it should matter from the product support angle. The company should have taken a better care of the customer who purchased THEIR PRODUCT that seems to have developed a legit problem.
It costs the company close to NOTHING to take care of that issue, save their face and have a HAPPY customer, who will promote their product and service.
Just a stupid, ignorant approach on their part... Too bad!

P.S. Maybe in your case, they did not want to lose a big account, like Revzilla.... not because they are taking care of a "small guy".....:confused:

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my S1 but the importer in Greece replaced it ASAP. No problems since then.

My S1 Pro has no problems too...

I too had issues with a Schuberth a couple of years back. A C3 on that occasion. After purchasing, I experienced my first rain shower and immediately there was water coming down the inside of the Visor. The helmet was returned to Schuberth in the UK and I was without the Helmet for almost 6 months. By comparison I also purchased a Shoei of similar design at the same time, and to this day have had no issues with it. I would have thought that by now, they would have sorted out their manufacturing processes with regard to visors etc. The irony is that I had been warned by someone in the trade that the Schuberth visor would probably give problems. I subsequently found out that it was a well known issue. I probably will not buy another as there are others on the market that are better, without the expensive price tag.

Back