• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pinlock faceshield and lens

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
0.jpgWhen riding in the winter months my face shield stays down to protect me from the cold. So at the red lights, major fog up problems. That is why I use a clear pinlock faceshield and lens.

[video=youtube;ECC9HtRGVmM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECC9HtRGVmM[/video]

SmileyEyeBrows.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
When riding in the winter months

For me, even in non-winter months it's pretty easy to fog up the face shields on most of my helmets, so I do appreciate the Pinlocks I have on most of mine. :)

I miss not being able to have one on my Icon Variant shield.

They are pretty awesome. My ride to work lately is below 30F. I can see the fog from my breathe covering the plastic all around the face sheild where the pinlock doens't cover but he pinlock is prefectly clear. Gotta love it.

The only thing I don't like about Pinlocks, is they don't go up high enough on the visors. It leaves (for me) a super distracting line directly in my field of view, unless I tilt my head back at an uncomfortable angle.

Maybe they don't do that with every single type of helmet/visors, but it's the same on my Shoei RF, Icon Alliance SSR, HJC CL-16, and an old Lazer helmet I had years ago, to name a few.

Granted I've always had sport bikes where you are pretty far forward and down, but on my BMW and my relatively upright CBR, same problem.

The only thing I don't like about Pinlocks, is they don't go up high enough on the visors. It leaves (for me) a super distracting line directly in my field of view, unless I tilt my head back at an uncomfortable angle.

Maybe they don't do that with every single type of helmet/visors, but it's the same on my Shoei RF, Icon Alliance SSR, HJC CL-16, and an old Lazer helmet I had years ago, to name a few.

Granted I've always had sport bikes where you are pretty far forward and down, but on my BMW and my relatively upright CBR, same problem.

They do the same in my Nolan and I agree. I wish they went up a little higher.

Pinlocks are awesome. On my Shoei, I have a large viewing area.
They do have limits however. If riding long rides in sub-freezing temps, I get condensation that forms on the top edge of the pinlock, which then freezes. Usually by that point I'm ready to be inside with a warm bevarage :D

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

Pinlock fixed my faceshield fogging problem. Need a couple small pinlocks for my glasses though.

I tried Muc off premium anti fog spray on my glasses this past weekend. Brilliant stuff and for the first time my glasses remained clear of fog so give it a look

Pinlock that came with the Shoei GT Air works well. It is not in my normal site line. I did find last spring at the SGT that moisture can get between it and the shield which makes it worse than not having it. With moisture trapped between the 2 it fogged worse. I couldn’t get it and the shield completely dry so I had to remove it until the sun came out and dried everything up.

For me, even in non-winter months it's pretty easy to fog up the face shields on most of my helmets, so I do appreciate the Pinlocks I have on most of mine. :)

I miss not being able to have one on my Icon Variant shield.

I think I see your problem in your profile:

Your non-winter months are the same as OCR's winter months. :)

I think I see your problem in your profile:

Your non-winter months are the same as OCR's winter months. :)

I couldn't quite seem to put my finger on the problem, but you nailed it! D'oh! *smacks forehead*

lol ;) :D

And to be honest, I'm not entirely sure that our hottest summer days beat any of OCR's winter high temp numbers by very much, if at all...:eek:

Heck, it was still warmer in Arkansas and I could fog mine up. I think moisture in the air has something to do with it too. Humidity.

I wear my Schberth C3 with the pinlock installed all winter riding my snowmobile going ice fishing. Works good, -30C and lower a electric shield is the way to go but you have to deal with wires. Pinlock is great for summer bike riding in the wet I also found. Ride safe

i think it will interfere with the opening of the visor. meaning any higher, the shield will hit the helmet edge when u flip up the visor...

Undoubtedly they must err on the side of caution in that regard, but for all my helmets and shield interfaces, they erred too far and leave a large distance between top of visor and the upper helmet rubber gasket/trim.

Undoubtedly they must err on the side of caution in that regard, but for all my helmets and shield interfaces, they erred too far and leave a large distance between top of visor and the upper helmet rubber gasket/trim.

I agree. Mine has a much larger gap that it needs but I have gotten used to it so I look past it. I do find myself pushing the chin up on the helemt sometimes to raise the seam a little more out of my field of view.

I agree. Mine has a much larger gap that it needs but I have gotten used to it so I look past it. I do find myself pushing the chin up on the helemt sometimes to raise the seam a little more out of my field of view.

haha, I usually end up clicking my visor open a notch or so up, to raise the line out of the way. Which ironically, takes away much of the need to have a fog free visor in the first place...
:rolleyes:

I have a fog city insert, but I still had fogging issues at stop lights last year...

Poking around the internet earlier today I found snowmobile helmets... an HJC CL-16 which is my motorcycle helmet... appears the difference is in the visor only.
CL-16 Shields HJC CL-16 Electric Snow Shield

There is a non-electric version too, but I think once I can get the bike back out in the spring this might be required gear for next fall as the temps start to dip again.

Back