• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Locked keys in my frunk

Osomxl

Reaction score
Visit site
Locked keys in my frunk. Update! Got them out!

Has anyone been able to open the frunk without their keys? Any suggestions? I'm in the middle of nowhere about to teach a class and by the time class is over it will probably be close to freezing. Yay Fridays!

UPDATE! I got them out.
I was able to pry back the fake silver air vent/side moulding and rotate out and down and then pry up on the frunk lid and see the keys sitting there. Luckily they were sitting on top of my lunch box and were easily snagged by a piece of old copper wire that was sitting around in the dirt.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to open the frunk without their keys? Any suggestions? I'm in the middle of nowhere about to teach a class and by the time class is over it will probably be close to freezing. Yay Fridays!

look at my post in tech on how to open trunk without keys, dale

Make a spare key and put it in your wallet. Thats what I do.

There lots of ideas for a spare key but the above recommendation is what suits me best. I always have my wallet therefore I always have my spare.

If you have 4 motorcycles and 3 cars your wallet might get a little too thick:eek::eek::eek:

I have locked my key in the frunk once. Never an issue with other bikes. No place to lock the key in. Now loosing the keys is another topic.

yes it looks like they get removed after a short time, but not by me. dale

Dale, do you still have them?
If you do - maybe you can post them again? I would think this one deserves to be a sticky...????

Admin(s), what do you think?

Dale, do you still have them?
If you do - maybe you can post them again? I would think this one deserves to be a sticky...????

Admin(s), what do you think?

I think making a sticky thread on how to open a Frunk without a key would not be in the best interests of most NC700X owners.

Back