• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The Caberg Tourmax is the world's first dual-sport flip-up motorcycle helmet!

Looks good! I like the visor. I think it would help a lot dealing with the sun glare in your face!

Looks cool (in the solid colors). If I were in the market for a dual-sport flip-up helmet I would give it consideration. I don't think I would ever buy another helmet that wasn't flip-up and didn't have a built-in sun visor. Simply a must for some of us "glasses wearing" riders IMO.

Still not trust worthy. I don't trust flip up helmets structure stability at all. In a full frontal impact, I'd imagine that the front would just pop off. That's why I don't trust it... Why take the chance for just a little bit of comfort.

Still not trust worthy. I don't trust flip up helmets structure stability at all. In a full frontal impact, I'd imagine that the front would just pop off. That's why I don't trust it... Why take the chance for just a little bit of comfort.

Can't you say that about any piece of Moto equipment? Most people don't wear full on MX boots although they offer better protection. Why? They're not very comfortable to tour in. If the comfort/convenience of the flip up design gets someone to wear a helmet vs. no helmet or a brain bucket, that's great in my book.

I have owned flip up helmets that have gone down hard. You want steel or stainless steel flip up hinges and fasteners. My shark has had two hard impacts now. I can assure you that a good flip up helmet will not come apart. I have been a test subject twice now. No doubt that in one of these incidents, because the flip up did not come up, it saved my life. Just make sure the helmet hardware is steel or stainless steel, it does hold.

I have owned flip up helmets that have gone down hard. You want steel or stainless steel flip up hinges and fasteners. My shark has had two hard impacts now. I can assure you that a good flip up helmet will not come apart. I have been a test subject twice now. No doubt that in one of these incidents, because the flip up did not come up, it saved my life. Just make sure the helmet hardware is steel or stainless steel, it does hold.

Wouldn't it have been prudent to discard that helmet after the first impact or put it up on a shelf for posterity? ;)
If I even drop one of my helmets on a hard surface I'll throw it away. Certainly after two hard impacts you have to question the integrity of the helmet.

Back