• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Changing grips - how to loosen throttle cable to reassemble

GT928

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, I give up. Need some help. Hopefully someone will have done it before or know how to do it. I am replacing my grips with AME heated grips. I have removed all and have installed the left grip. Attaching the cable ends to the right side grip is proving problematic. How does one loosen the cables sufficiently to hook the ends back into the slots on the grip cam? The Honda heated grip installation sheet explains all except what I need, attaching the cable ends. They refer to the service manual. I don't have one. I don't mind buying one, but I would like to get this back together ASAP. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, though I was hoping to do it without taking off the tupperware. Oh well.

There is very little you can do on this bike without removing several body panels. Try changing a front signal light assembly some time...

Back