• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield install questions.

bduffey

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I installed the MRA VarioTouring Screen on the bike last night, but I have a couple of questions for anyone using this screen.

I had a difficult time getting the new screens holes to line up with the existing holes in the frame. After having to flex the screen to a fairly high degree, I was able to get the original screws in and tightened. But now my questions are;

1. Do I have to be concerned about the new screen developing a crack along the holes due to the flex I had to put in it? and,

2. I used the original screws to install the new screen. I noticed that the kit came with two (2) different length black screws and two (2) different length rubber bushings. After reading the skimpy directions that came with the new screen, I am under the impression that these screws are for use on bikes that have a different attachment style on their screens. Should I have used the newer set of screws and placed the bushings either under the new screen or outside the screen directly uinder the new screw heads?

Any info/help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

OK.

Very slowly and carefully unscrew and remove the screen before it cracks.

The new screws and bushes are in the kit for a reason.

The screen sits 15-20mm forward of the standard screen, that's what the bushes are for. The longer bushes and screws at the top, to give a more 'upright' screen.

_DSC5132.jpg

OK.

The screen sits 15-20mm forward of the standard screen, that's what the bushes are for. The longer bushes and screws at the top, to give a more 'upright' screen.

View attachment 10219

Thanks a million, PJM. Headed out to the shed to back off those screws right now!!!

How do you guys feel the MRA keeps the wind off the helmet? I'm 5'10" and the stupid Honda Touring Screen makes me miserable.

How do you guys feel the MRA keeps the wind off the helmet? I'm 5'10" and the stupid Honda Touring Screen makes me miserable.

I'm 6'2" and don't get any lift or pushing on my helmet with this screen.

My wife tried it out, and immediately ordered the equivalent for her bike.

OK.

View attachment 10219

Thanks for the tip. I didn't install without the bushings, but installed it with them in the opposite arrangement. I had the short ones on top. I reversed them tonight and will test them out soon.
Thanks again,
Erik

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4

Back