• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Half naked NCXD - pulling off the plastics

silverhound

Reaction score
Visit site
This evening I decided to tackle removing the plastics off the left side of my wife's bike so that I could start some electrical projects including adding the Honda OEM accessory harness, a 12V accessory outlet in the frunk, auxiliary fog lights and a hardwired garage door opener. I had previously posted that I was just going to give her a small clicker for the garage door but since I have the bike torn apart anyhow and all the stuff I need I figured I would wire one up like I have on my bike. Don't want her to have to fumble around in her pockets when she gets home from a ride.

I have to say, kinda a pain in the butt to remove everything. If I didn't have a shop manual it would have been quite the puzzle to figure out how everything comes off. The way the bike was engineered you have to work from the back to front and the tail shroud has to be removed to get to the side panel which needs to be removed before you can take off the front panel with the turn signal connected to it. The top panel above the air intake however can be removed without taking anything else off but it doesn't do you much good as there's not too much access with that panel alone removed.

So I also fished out the well hidden accessory harness plug and you can see the harness plugged in now. I'm making up my own connections to the plugs (bought the connectors) and I'll be adding fuses to everything I install somewhere where I can actually access them if one blows. This brings to mind a criticism for the Honda engineers. I did look at the instructions for the OEM accessory socket and it looked like they had an old style glass fuse connected into the harness. Two questions, 1. Why would they use a fuse that's different from the rest of the fuses the NCX uses and a very old style one at that? 2. Once this is installed why would they have it buried behind the side cover so if it ever blew you would have to take the panels off to replace it. Not very practical.

Anyhow, here is the NCX half naked...for those who may wonder what it looks like under the tupperware.
Front view
silverhound-albums-ncx-mods-picture10189-photo-1.jpg

From the side...you can see the accessory harness
silverhound-albums-ncx-mods-picture10190-photo-2.jpg

Rear View
silverhound-albums-ncx-mods-picture10191-photo-3.jpg

Back