• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT filter question

lynnb

Reaction score
Visit site
Can the DCT filter be changed by itself without draining the oil IE will you loose the oil when you take the transmission filter cover off?

From the manual quantities section... Yes it appears so, but why would you? It's every 16,000 miles, destined to catch anything that developes in the oil even after it goes through the oil filter.

I wonder why Honda didn't pipe filtered oil strait from the oil filter into the hydrolics.

you will loose oil when you open the cover.
I do believe that at 600 miles, you need an oil change. NEW oil, NEW oil filter and NEW dct filter, New O ring for the dct cover and a new crush ring for the oil drain plug if you so desire.
Then its every 8K....(i think, I don't have my service with me now)

Ken

From the manual quantities section... Yes it appears so, but why would you? It's every 16,000 miles, destined to catch anything that developes in the oil even after it goes through the oil filter.

I wonder why Honda didn't pipe filtered oil strait from the oil filter into the hydrolics.

Sorta makes one wonder whether the engine oil filter does its job well enough to keep the DCT actuator solenoids clear, doesn't it? :)

Because- when the dealer presented me the bill for the 600 mile service, i asked him why there was no charge for the clutch filter. Both service guys, in a LARGE Houston dealer said your bike does not have a filter and showed me their service manual. I said, you are looking at the maintenance schedule for the manual trans bike. They said Oops, we will correct the mistake. It only took few minutes, and I did not see them drain the oil. They said no charge for the filter. Also, when I got home, I took the lower cowl off, and it did not look as if a wrench had ever been on the bolts in the filter housing.

These dealers are something. I have owned over forty bikes, and really enjoy this one. Just took a 1000 mile trip over two days, and bike did well. My last two bikes were an 06 BMW 1200RT, and an 05 Gold Wing, and I have an old Airhead.

Because- when the dealer presented me the bill for the 600 mile service, i asked him why there was no charge for the clutch filter. Both service guys, in a LARGE Houston dealer said your bike does not have a filter and showed me their service manual. I said, you are looking at the maintenance schedule for the manual trans bike. They said Oops, we will correct the mistake. It only took few minutes, and I did not see them drain the oil. They said no charge for the filter. Also, when I got home, I took the lower cowl off, and it did not look as if a wrench had ever been on the bolts in the filter housing.

These dealers are something. I have owned over forty bikes, and really enjoy this one. Just took a 1000 mile trip over two days, and bike did well. My last two bikes were an 06 BMW 1200RT, and an 05 Gold Wing, and I have an old Airhead.

Just in case, I would change it myself to be sure. The 600 miles service is important, the filters need to be changed !

which dealer in Houston?

wasn't hard to perform the 600 mile service. Very easy.

Ken

Yeah, I could have done it myself. However the dealer where I bought this bike from is "SHADY" to says the least. I took it in to a "TRUSTED" dealer to have the 600 mile service done and to see if they changed anything in this bike.

I think that I told a story about a buddy's buddy that bought a bike from a dealer and then later found out it was damaged due to a fall off a forklift during handling. That dealer sold him that same bike as "NEW". The dealer I went to found this all out by looking into Honda's Master Service Network. I asked him to do the same for me on my bike too. These were both different dealers by the way...

I suspect that if you leaned the bike WAAAY over on its left side, you may be able to change the DCT filter without draining the oil.
Easy enough to find out. If oil starts to come out of the cover after slightly loosening the 2 bolts, then you'll know it's a no go.

Back