• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone use the Nolan N-Com system?

greenex

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have a Nolan helmet and use the N-Com bluetooth system? I have an N91 and am in need of some bluetooth love. My options are the built in Nolan N-Com system or one of the many other bluetooth systems.

So, has anyone used the Nolan N-Com system?

And on a side note, can you do the rider to rider chatting with any bluetooth sets, or do they have to be matching sets?

I can't really answer your question since I don't have a Nolan helmet, but for the second part, I believe the bluetooth intercom sets only work with another set from the same manufacturer. I think Sena just announced an update for their intercoms that allow them to work with other sets, though. I'm still trying to confirm it.

I tried the Ncom system in the N103 helmet while at a bike show, but the volume was barely adequate in the convention center when set at MAX. There's no way it would work going down the road with wind noise. And I like to wear ear plugs to protect what hearing I have left from too many years of loud music, firearms and motorcycle wind noise.

So after reviewing current options for BT headsets (this was a few years ago), I went with the Sena SMH10 setup. No regrets there. It pumps out enough volume to hear with ear plugs in and consistently connects to my Garmin Zumo 660 GPS and also to my wifes headset.

I don't know of any BT setups that work with other manufacturers. I think you'll need to look at CB or GMRS/FRS radio options for ideal communication with groups.

Unless you a completely sold with Nolan it's not the right solution in my opinion. I've not heard anything good about their radios and the Nolan helmets I've seen aren't very compatible with other headsets. I would have had to use the sticker to attach my SMH10 to my Nolan N43. If you are a fan on Nolan it's probably worth while. If you have a variety of helmet brands (like we do in this household) it's just not an option.

I can't really answer your question since I don't have a Nolan helmet, but for the second part, I believe the bluetooth intercom sets only work with another set from the same manufacturer. I think Sena just announced an update for their intercoms that allow them to work with other sets, though. I'm still trying to confirm it.

One small exception in Shubert, they license their bluetooth systems from Cardo so they are compatible with all Cardo systems.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Based on what you guys say and what I've read elsewhere, people either love it or hate it. 99% of the time I'll be using it by myself (iphone, gps, etc) and not in groups.

Currently I'm using the Jamplug headphone/earplugs. For me they do not work very well and I can't wait to try something else.

Back