• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Advanced Search

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
I can not get Advanced Search to work today, is it just me again, or is something wrong with the search engine? This is what I get.

search.jpg

smileyquestion.jpg

Last edited:
It works fine for me on the couple tests I just tried, but there is a bit of weirdness at the top of the page when it first opens up, with a little bit of error and warning message gobbledeegook, reminiscent of the Gallery thing.

I get the same thing when using Internet Explorer or Google. It works but your get the error string across the top.

Another challenge.. Lol this last update is stating to piss me off lol..

I am on it.......

Ok I think i have the search function fixed.. seem to be working on my end. Can you guys confirm?

Dennis

Yep, seems to be working fine. The only thing I still see acting up is when I try to view notifications. I have to scroll way down to see them.

Looks like the old "likes" system is not compatable with the upgrade. I have disabled the old version and installed a newer version with more functions... ..

Cheers

I lost the like button on taptalk.anyone else?

sent from a keyboard in the frunk

Admin mentioned earlier that the like system had to be upgraded. It must have affected Taptalk. I'm going to look at mine now.

Ops didn't see that post
That's why its different on the fourm thanks
sent from a keyboard in the frunk

how does all this work?
I can never remember the title of a post.
if some one says my new farkel in his post but the title does not..if you understand what I mean.john

how does all this work?
I can never remember the title of a post.
if some one says my new farkel in his post but the title does not..if you understand what I mean.john

If you do an advanced search for "New Farkel" it with search for that word in the title and the posts. When you enter your "keyword" you have to click the drop down menu off to the side and select "Title Only" if you want to search a phrase in the title. A default advanced search will look for any occurrence of your request throughout the entire forum.

Also make a couple different attempts, if you get nothing, or few returns the first time trying, by using different words.

ie: "farkle" versus: "farkel". "winshield" versus: "windshield" etc,. The post you may be looking for, could have a variation on how the word was spelled, or simply a typo or incorrect spelling in it, and the computer being literal, will look for exactly what you spelled, even if 99.9999 percent of all the other spellings are different.

I have found a lot of lone eBay ads and so on, for things where the poor guy spelled the name wrong, and hence got zero responses, because no people typed in the word how he spelled it.

Back