• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

East Bound to Galveston

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
Nana Chou finally got to meet and ride with another NC700 today in the wild Texas alligator swamps. Joe Tex and I rode the east bound long way down to Galveston Lone Star Rally.
We road though Anahuac, Texas – The alligator capital of Texas. As usual I made a wrong turn, so we did not go though the swamps with the gators. However, a real nice fellow with one arm came and rescued us, and got us back going the right direction. If I had carried a map or a GPS we never would have met that nice one armed fellow. The adventure sure is a lot more fun this way. We got to meet the policeman in Anahuac, who also pointed us in the right direction. I can guarantee that I get lost every time without the map or GPS, but I sure do meet the nicest people on a Honda.
We road down the Bolivar coastline, it was almost wiped off the face of this earth by hurricane IKE. It does look a lot different now. I did not even recognize Roll Over Pass until we were dead center on the bridge. These folks are the real come back kids. A lot more guts than glory here.
We rode the ferry over to Galveston Island. This has always been one of my favorite things to do in life. There I just something about the ferry ride from Port Bolivar to Galveston Island that just relaxes the soul. Now if you put a good motorcycle ride together with this ferry ride, you are transformed into a real soul man.

[video=youtube;X8dgYxy138Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8dgYxy138Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

One very important thing I forgot to mention. Someone ask Joe Tex’s girl friend, where in the world his left hand was during the taking of this picture? Oh yeh, the girl in the picture ain’t his girl friend!

JoeTexGirl.jpg

SmileyOh.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Great Video OCR, wonderful 1st ride with my new nc700x, thanks for the experience looking forward to our next adventure. Oh BTW I ain't telling.

Thanks for the video. Always good to see other parts of the country.

Back