• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

cb 500 (not nc related)

Well, that's what my wife rides, and she loves it.

Have to say I ride it too, and it is a nice ride, very smooth, and easy to ride.

It won't break any speed records, but then again neither will our NCs, she can keep up with me easily on our day trips, and is happy in the saddle for many hours.

I have always been a fan of those 500 twins. Some years ago I had the Kawasaki equivalent X 2 (ER5) and they were great little bikes. I toured Scotland on one with some friends on GS's and had no problem keeping up with them unless they got on Motorways and accelerated too quickly for me. Otherwise I used them for commuting. Fond memories . I had a look at one of the new Hondas in a shop yesterday and I was impressed with fit and finish. I am over 60 now and my tendency is to go for bikes that are lighter and easier to manhandle. That was one reason why I bought the NC. With the exception of my Explorer, my other bikes are of similar stature to the NC also. It is quite possible that some point in the future I will again have a 500.

I had been looking at the CB500 as a nice small bike to play with.

Until over at the CBR500 forum they talk about the engine failures, that people have with the CB500.

I stopped looking at that bike

Back