• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear Carrier

I'm looking at this Alphathree Type S carrier and wondering if it will impede the placement of pannier mounts. Can anyone comment on this?
ALPHATHREE : Sports carrier TYPE-S [RC61CSK01A3] :confused:

Gee, it looks to be drilled for somebody's pannier mounts, but not sure which ones. It does not look like it would work with Givi's V35 mounts because they are attached closer to the machine than these. I'd say your question is specific to which pannier mounts you wish to accommodate.

I am totally biased.
I have the original rear Rack, and it is surely more beautiful and looks much more sturdy than this...
argh....
sorry to be so frank..

Does it have to be so "functional" as opposed to good looks?

Well I've been looking at SW-Motech bag mounts and will probably mount Pelican cases from cariboucases.com. I had a top case on my Multistrada but prefer the side cases on this bike. With Pelican bags, I don't think I'll have to worry about crash bars. Also, I'm inclined to purchase the smaller side cases to keep the profile as narrow as possible. So my thoughts are luggage rack, side cases and maybe a Vario spoiler type screen. Already ordered a center stand from web1ke.com and an accessory outlet will complete the project. Still, I'm open for suggestions.

I would have been happy with oem rack and top box but dealer said it would not be available till dec. I went with Hepco-Becker and am very happy.

Which Hepco and Becker cases did you buy? I would love to see a photo. I was also put off by having to wait until December for the OEM stuff. The mounting hardware is priced to nickel and dime the bike owners to death. I am undecided which way to go at this point.

Back