• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Winter Gloves - Battery Heated - No Wires

SergeantChuck

Commuter Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just had heated grips installed but I am researching heated gloves just in case I want my hands a bit warmer as we get deeper into winter. I prefer to use battery heated gloves so I don't have to worry about wires. It may not be a hassle but I have never dealt with it and would rather not at this moment. I looked through the old posts and most of them are over a year old. Looking for updated info.

I have found a few differnt brands. Gerbings, Mobile Warming, WarmThru, and Venture.

What would you suggest if you were going wireless?

Thanks

I just had heated grips installed but I am researching heated gloves just in case I want my hands a bit warmer as we get deeper into winter. I prefer to use battery heated gloves so I don't have to worry about wires. It may not be a hassle but I have never dealt with it and would rather not at this moment. I looked through the old posts and most of them are over a year old. Looking for updated info.

I have found a few differnt brands. Gerbings, Mobile Warming, WarmThru, and Venture.

What would you suggest if you were going wireless?

Thanks

I have had my Mobile Warming TX gloves for a few years now.

[Aside] Considering I went 99% of my biking career being an anti-heated grips guy, and then once I got them wondered how I could have been such an idiot all those years, lol, I probably should rethink my stance on what I imagine the hassle to be with wired heated gloves/gear and my unfounded phobias, but I'm not quite there yet. :rolleyes: :eek: [/Aside]

With the M.W. tx gloves, here are my good/bad points.

Good:
- on high setting, they get quite hot

- medium setting they are noticeably warm.

- the heating elements go down the backs of the fingers and thumb, pretty much to the tips.

- they hold a charge for quite a long time (at least 3 hours for me), and when not turned on, can last several months without recharging.

- warm and comfy worn as just plain cold weather gloves.

- can wear them off the bike anywhere. Pretty neat to be able to keep your hands warm in the tent first thing in the morning when everything is beastly cold out.

- waterproof breathable membrane of some unknown type/brand works on mine; I tested them by holding each hand in bucket of water for 5 minutes.

- hands don't get overly sweaty, but at the point of potential hot enough to sweat, you don't need them on or at the higher setting, so no big deal.

Bad:
- No armour, not leather. You'd get rashed in any kind of slide and bruised in any kind of impact.

- textile material is very slippery.

- not bulky per se; but a wee bit "puffy" making for more difficult fine control manipulations.

- not 100% even heating down each finger and back of hand, some not as warm spots, some pretty hot spots.

- on lowest heat setting, unable to detect any real warmth.

- hideously expensive. I'm embarrassed to say how much I paid for mine...

- even though batteries are pretty compact and slim, they do stick up* enough to make it impossible to wear under jacket sleeves, and you notice the extra weight of them.

- they look like ski gloves and not motorcycle gloves, which is what they are, essentially.

I really wanted the Mobile Warming LTD Max full leather motorcycle applicable looking version, but I was never able to find them in Medium. Ever! They were always on backorder, or not available.

* I have pondered the fabrication and addition of some extension cables, to relocate the batteries elsewhere out of the gloves, say on an elastic or velcro armband, that you could have on the outside of your jacket forearm, and be able to tuck the gloves under the sleeves for when it's cold and raining out. I have to wear all my rain gloves under my jacket sleeves, otherwise my gloves always fill up with water. No matter how grandly they claim to have gaskets, 'n seals, 'n gaitors, 'n double flaps, etc., etc.

L.B.S. thanks for the detailed report.

Anyone else out there have or have used battery operated gloves. My ride to work is only 30 minutes so I don't need something that last an extreme amount of time. Plus the Arkansas winter won't last to awful long.

L.B.S. thanks for the detailed report.

Anyone else out there have or have used battery operated gloves. My ride to work is only 30 minutes so I don't need something that last an extreme amount of time. Plus the Arkansas winter won't last to awful long.

Not sure what you are talking about with Arkansas winter won't last long. I pulled out the long-johns last week and won't put them away until end of April.

Not sure what you are talking about with Arkansas winter won't last long. I pulled out the long-johns last week and won't put them away until end of April.

Im comparing it to Illinois. Winter got harsh up there.

Galaxy S4

I wish I had a review for you, but I don't. I did see some battery-heated gloves in a Cabelas flyer that came today, though. They're offering a whole line of battery-heated stuff now, which they claim is done by Gerbing. May not be any better than other things, but may be worth looking at. Cabelas support or 'warranty' is absolutely outstanding, particularly on their branded products.
FWIW.

I wish I had a review for you, but I don't. I did see some battery-heated gloves in a Cabelas flyer that came today, though. They're offering a whole line of battery-heated stuff now, which they claim is done by Gerbing. May not be any better than other things, but may be worth looking at. Cabelas support or 'warranty' is absolutely outstanding, particularly on their branded products.
FWIW.

I'll get on thier website today and check that out. Thanks

I got a pair of Mobile Warming TXs last year, and also have ordered a pair of Gerbing Next Gens that haven't come in yet. I've also got a Mobile Warming shirt that uses the same style battery pack as the gloves. It only has a few small heating elements up high on the chest and back, but every little bit helps. I'd still be using the MW gloves rather than buying the Gerbings but the right glove has gone kaput. Both battery packs work, but the right glove won't turn on anymore.

The Gerbings are listed as in stock on their website, but once you place an order they tell you they're still on a slow boat from China. Latest ETA is "end of the month", but since they're lying about availability to begin with I can't say I entirely believe that estimate. Once I get them I'll let you know how they are.

Edit: I didn't go into any detail about how the MWs are, because LBS already nailed it.

Last edited:
I got a pair of Mobile Warming TXs last year, and also have ordered a pair of Gerbing Next Gens that haven't come in yet. I've also got a Mobile Warming shirt that uses the same style battery pack as the gloves. It only has a few small heating elements up high on the chest and back, but every little bit helps. I'd still be using the MW gloves rather than buying the Gerbings but the right glove has gone kaput. Both battery packs work, but the right glove won't turn on anymore.

The Gerbings are listed as in stock on their website, but once you place an order they tell you they're still on a slow boat from China. Latest ETA is "end of the month", but since they're lying about availability to begin with I can't say I entirely believe that estimate. Once I get them I'll let you know how they are.

Edit: I didn't go into any detail about how the MWs are, because LBS already nailed it.

I'd appreciate your thoughts. Rode in to work this morning and it got down to 43F last night. No issues with the heated grips and my Firstgear Master Gloves. It is supposed to start dipping into the 30's so I want to be prepared. You know the old saying. Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

Gloves arrived today. I purchased a size large based off thier sizing chart and they are a little tight but will streach as they are worn. Each glove has a fairly large battery. They are thick gloves but no thicker than what I was already wearing. The next sub 40F day I will be testing them out.

Did I read that price right? 233 bucks? YIKES!

Hey, you only live once. I know it is not always the case but I'm one of those people that believe you get what you pay for. The higher price item isn't always the best but lots of times it is. Plus these have the best waterproofing and most protection of all there choices. I plan to ride the entire winter so wanted some really good gloves. It only money. Right? Can't take it with me.

I missed this post and see that you already bought some gloves, but figured I'd throw my 2 cents in for others looking at gloves.

I have Raynauds syndrom which causes my blood vessels in my hands to constrict when exposed to cold and/or vibration. So I need to do whatever I can to keep the hands warm. I installed heated grips on my primary bike, Yamaha FJR1300, and that helped a lot. But there was still cold air blowing on the backside of my hands, so I installed some handguards off a Suzuki Vstrom to block direct wind blast. That helped also, but I was still having problems with cold hands even when wearing good winter riding gloves.

I didn't want to deal with plugging wires in and because most of my cold weather riding is commuting with trips less than 45 minutes, I decided that battery power would be best. I'm a strong believer in ATGATT and so was unwilling to get textile gloves that would shred instantly in a crash and being waterproof was also a requirement due to regular riding in rain. Back in 2008 when I was shopping, there was really only 1 choice that met these specs: Harley Davidson waterproof leather heated gloves that were made by Gerbings. Cost was $215 delivered.

They've been doing a great job of heating my hands since I got them. And they look even better after I removed the Harley emblem off each glove. ;)

Pros/Cons:
I would caution that the sizing runs large and I wish I had gotten a size smaller.
Batteries will wear out. The first set lasted only 2 years, but the current set ($76 in 2010) is still going strong 3 years later.
The charger also crapped out after 3 years, but the replacement ($22 in 2011) is still going strong.
They are waterproof, but due to the battery located in the gauntlet I can't tuck the gauntlet into the sleeves of my Roadcrafter suit. This can be a problem during heavy rain because the rain runs down the jacket arms and into the gloves. Luckily the gloves have a cinchable stretch cord in the end of the gauntlet that allows it to be tightened against the jacket sleeve and stop water from freely flowing in.
Batteries only last about 45 minutes on High, but that's enough for my commute and they are recharged by the time I leave work at the end of the day.
Combined with heated grips and handguards, the gloves are effective at 50% power which yields almost 2.5 hours of battery life.

I missed this post and see that you already bought some gloves, but figured I'd throw my 2 cents in for others looking at gloves.

I have Raynauds syndrom which causes my blood vessels in my hands to constrict when exposed to cold and/or vibration. So I need to do whatever I can to keep the hands warm. I installed heated grips on my primary bike, Yamaha FJR1300, and that helped a lot. But there was still cold air blowing on the backside of my hands, so I installed some handguards off a Suzuki Vstrom to block direct wind blast. That helped also, but I was still having problems with cold hands even when wearing good winter riding gloves.

I didn't want to deal with plugging wires in and because most of my cold weather riding is commuting with trips less than 45 minutes, I decided that battery power would be best. I'm a strong believer in ATGATT and so was unwilling to get textile gloves that would shred instantly in a crash and being waterproof was also a requirement due to regular riding in rain. Back in 2008 when I was shopping, there was really only 1 choice that met these specs: Harley Davidson waterproof leather heated gloves that were made by Gerbings. Cost was $215 delivered.

They've been doing a great job of heating my hands since I got them. And they look even better after I removed the Harley emblem off each glove. ;)

Pros/Cons:
I would caution that the sizing runs large and I wish I had gotten a size smaller.
Batteries will wear out. The first set lasted only 2 years, but the current set ($76 in 2010) is still going strong 3 years later.
The charger also crapped out after 3 years, but the replacement ($22 in 2011) is still going strong.
They are waterproof, but due to the battery located in the gauntlet I can't tuck the gauntlet into the sleeves of my Roadcrafter suit. This can be a problem during heavy rain because the rain runs down the jacket arms and into the gloves. Luckily the gloves have a cinchable stretch cord in the end of the gauntlet that allows it to be tightened against the jacket sleeve and stop water from freely flowing in.
Batteries only last about 45 minutes on High, but that's enough for my commute and they are recharged by the time I leave work at the end of the day.
Combined with heated grips and handguards, the gloves are effective at 50% power which yields almost 2.5 hours of battery life.

If these don't work out I keep these in mind. I know Gerbings makes a quality product and I could have bought some for the price I paid for the Mobilel Warming Gloves. Gerbings G3 and T5 glove actually state can be used for motorcycles. There others do not. Not that it means anything. If I don't like the gloves I just bought I'll be looking at the two I just mentioned.

Last edited:
How are those LTD Max gloves working out? Gerbing is now telling me "around the third week of November" for their Next Gens, so I'm thinking maybe I should cancel and get something else before they've strung me along for half the winter.

How are those LTD Max gloves working out? Gerbing is now telling me "around the third week of November" for their Next Gens, so I'm thinking maybe I should cancel and get something else before they've strung me along for half the winter.

I actually wore them for the first time this morning. I have never worn the Gerbing's so I can't compare. Actually I have never worn heated gloves period.

It only got down to 45F last night so I only turned them on to position 1. They have four levels. Four being the highest/hottest. My hands did not even come close to feeling cold at the lowest setting but like I said it really was not that cold. Thursday night it is supposed to get down to 36F. That will be more of a test.

The heat is on the backside of the hand and fingers. I'm glad it is there because I can turn on my heated grips for the inner part of the hand. The gloves are a little thicker than what I'm used to but the more I used them the more flexible they became. The fingers have a natural arch to them so your kind of in a semi grips position from the get go. I think after a week or so they will loosen up a lot. It is easy to turn them on and off while the gloves are on. The battery compartment is very tight. They come with one charger that has two leads so you can charge both batteries at once.

I'll let you know Friday morning how they worked at 36F. I'm not worried though. I can already tell they will get pretty toasty on the fourth setting.

I love the concept of heated gloves and everything associated with it. However, the price is just too much for me sometimes... Theres basically 0 chance of you finding high quality heated gloves for $100.

Back