• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New CTX1300?

Heeey, if this is a ctx, and they happen to use the same frame as the ctx700, which is the same frame as the nc700's, then that could mean a possible, and easy, engine swap...

Well, at least the foot controls are not the far forward type. Maybe the seat will be a bit lower to the ground and more comfortable than the 700x. I'm sticking to my nimble and easy to maneuver 700x. I can take it down any road I wish and into tight spots a cruiser style would be a hand full. Parking lots are a piece of cake too. I can see where the 1300 would be great to travel on for long distance though. Looks very comfortable. I'll look forward to seeing the new bikes at the Cleveland motorcycle show in february.

What a bike. It has the st1300 engine but with a lower compression, a cruiser's styling, and a cat's head in the front. The first one I can love and respect. The second one I could live with. The third one... Well that's a giant cat head in the front.

Cat lovers please don't hate me. I have cats.

Well, I sat on the CTX1300 yesterday at the Atlanta Motorcycle show. Actually 2 of them, the standard and the deluxe. The ergos were good for me with the foot pegs slightly forward but not overly so. Similar to my Moto Guzzi California. It is really a good seating position without the stretched out cruiser position. The standard model was red and the deluxe steel blue. I really liked the blue. Pricing has still not been officially announced, but it is rumored to be around $17K for the basic model with the deluxe going for a couple of grand more. This seems a little bit high compared to similar motorcycles. That being said, I will soon be in the market for a larger 2-up long distance tourer to replace the '03 Moto Guzzi California EVT I recently sold and the CTX1300 will be on my short list. I definitely plan to keep the NC700x for my go to personal ride.

While at the show, I also had the opportunity to compare it to the new Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring. This is a bike that I had a chance to ride this summer and was mightily impressed. It's fast, smooth and handles like a much smaller bike. It is interesting to note that the $17,900 California Touring has everything that the deluxe CTX1300 has plus some. Traction control, ABS, 3 different throttle maps, electronic cruise control, bluetooth, etc. It is an impressive bike for the $$. This bike has been at the top of my shortlist since then and currently still ahead of the Honda. I do expect to ride the CTX1300 before making a final decision.

Back