• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ride Home From Work

SergeantChuck

Commuter Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is my first attempt at a video with my new GoPro Hero 3. I have never used one of these before nor I have messed with video editing software. This is the first cut. I'm in the middle of a second edit but it seems to take a long time.

The camera is mounted to the beak of the bike. I should have raised it a hair. Otherwise the angle is not to bad. I will most likely position several mounts to try out different angles.

It is kind of a boring ride to watch. Only fun if your riding the bike.

[video=youtube_share;rwP8fc8bzAc]http://youtu.be/rwP8fc8bzAc [/video]

Last edited:
Well done. Like the quality and view point. There is some considerable image warp, especially at the beginning.
Lots of straight roads. No good for tires. I personally would be afraid of those motorways. I totally stay away from them.
BTW I was totally unaware it is ok to pass by using the right lane. That would be considered very evil over here :)

Well done. Like the quality and view point. There is some considerable image warp, especially at the beginning.
Lots of straight roads. No good for tires. I personally would be afraid of those motorways. I totally stay away from them.
BTW I was totally unaware it is ok to pass by using the right lane. That would be considered very evil over here :)

I think I had it set for 1440X48. Curious what others are using?

That is probably the only place I would pass people on the right. The highway splits. Everything on the left goes to Interstate 40 West. Everything on the right goes to Interstate 40 East. You have people staying to the left two lanes because they don't want to miss the divide.

How do I post a video from Youtube? I tried to embed it but the forum page only showed the code. It did not show the video?

I am into the whole youtube thing. I got into it after a trip out west I took about 8 years ago. I'm using the original GoPro and I am still using it. However, I can tell the quality of your new GoPro is better than my old one for sure. A better ride home than my 32 miles of superslab! Thanks for posting it up, makes me want to upgrade now.

Still figuring that out. I tried GoPro 2.0 but was confused so I used YouTubes editor. I watched a tutorial on GoPro today and now it makes more sence. Going to mess with it again tonight.

Galaxy S4

I have heard this several times from the Europe union guys. Why?

Most likely we pass on the right because the left is going slower! Can't do anything about that man eating chicken wings on his Bluetooth talking, while doing under the speed limit in the far left lane ( passing and fast lane). I've seen the center land be the slowest, and everyone pass on the right and left.

Man, you're bike took that first speed bump like a BOSS! Ha! I put my GoPro in the same spot. Looks really neat, almost like a video game when on a curvy road. I'm not sure if everyone else was getting the same jittering as I was, but the video seemed to shake a little. What frame rate did you use? I typically have mine set at 720p, 30fps for normal, day-to-day commuting and bump it up to 1080p, 60fps (or for the fancy GoPro 3 Black Edition guys, 4k - 120fps) for scenic, twisty roads on the weekend. I import and convert the videos with the GoPro software, but usually edit with iMovie on a Mac or MovieMaker on a PC. Then upload to YouTube, but keep the settings to Private or Unlisted because the video is typically just to show friends, post to forums, etc. As far as posting to this forum, there are two ways...

1) Click on the "Share" button below your video on YouTube, copy the text that is highlighted, and paste it into the normal text box for replying to threads. It will convert it to a Link with the title of your video and look like this...

Ride Home From Work - YouTube

2) Or, just click on the button in the forum text box that looks like a film strip, paste the same text into the text box in that window, and you get this...

[video=youtube_share;rwP8fc8bzAc]http://youtu.be/rwP8fc8bzAc[/video]

Nice video and hope this helps!

Last edited:
Man, you're bike took that first speed bump like a BOSS! Ha! I put my GoPro in the same spot. Looks really neat, almost like a video game when on a curvy road. I'm not sure if everyone else was getting the same jittering as I was, but the video seemed to shake a little. What frame rate did you use? I typically have mine set at 720p, 30fps for normal, day-to-day commuting and bump it up to 1080p, 60fps (or for the fancy GoPro 3 Black Edition guys, 4k - 120fps) for scenic, twisty roads on the weekend. I import and convert the videos with the GoPro software, but usually edit with iMovie on a Mac or MovieMaker on a PC. Then upload to YouTube, but keep the settings to Private or Unlisted because the video is typically just to show friends, post to forums, etc. As far as posting to this forum, there are two ways...

1) Click on the "Share" button below your video on YouTube, copy the text that is highlighted, and paste it into the normal text box for replying to threads. It will convert it to a Link with the title of your video and look like this...

2) Or, just click on the button in the forum text box that looks like a film strip, paste the same text into the text box in that window, and you get this...

Nice video and hope this helps!

Thanks for the information. It was helpful. I had mine set for 1440p x 48fps. I think. I'll have to check. I also know what I did wrong posting the video on the forum thanks to you. Appreciate it.

I have heard this several times from the Europe union guys. Why?

Most likely we pass on the right because the left is going slower! Can't do anything about that man eating chicken wings on his Bluetooth talking, while doing under the speed limit in the far left lane ( passing and fast lane). I've seen the center land be the slowest, and everyone pass on the right and left.

Everywhere in Europe you can only overtake or pass on the "off side". In continental Europe that means on the left because we drive on the right & in the UK it's the opposite they drive on the left. There is only one exception to that - when there are multiple lanes of slow moving traffic.

There's no right turn on a red light either (or no left turn on red in the UK). If you're allowed to make a turn whilst the main lane is on red there'll be a green arrow telling you it's ok to do so.

Good quality of video and looks like a great commuting route. Nice view and less traffic.

Though I enjoy more a riding video from a helmet mounted cam with speedo and handle bar in the view. It feels like I'm on the bike riding.

Thanks for sharing, Sarge.

Welcome to the GoPro crew. A fun accessory is GoScope - GoPro® HERO3 Telescoping Pole / Monopod: Expands 21" out to 34.5". Nothing gives you a 360 view like camera on a stick.

Welcome to the GoPro crew. A fun accessory is GoScope - GoPro® HERO3 Telescoping Pole / Monopod: Expands 21" out to 34.5". Nothing gives you a 360 view like camera on a stick.

I saw you post a picture of that. I'm interested. Looks like it could be mounted to the handlebars and be bent around the windscreen. I'm going to look into it.

Back