• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Aftermarket signals

DanH

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know of aftermarket signal light assemblies for our NCXs that aren't 75 bucks a shot. Due to an unexpected whirlwind of children and dogs, I broke one off in the garage and since it wasn't the one already held on with poscicle sticks and electrical tape, I should probably replace both while I have the plastics off.

in PA you won't pass inspection,if lights(any lights) aren't DOT approved.check your state regulations and requirements.
just 0.02

The part number for the NCX signa light is 33400-KTC-305. On Ebay, I found 33400-MGS-305 and 33400-FGM-305 and the only visible difference is the connector and both are 2/3 the price. I wonder if Honda just renumber the part so it could increase the price or if its actually different in some way. It seems odd that part that look that much alike would be fundamentally different but I don't have anything to guage scale so they might be different sizes....

The part number for the NCX signa light is 33400-KTC-305. On Ebay, I found 33400-MGS-305 and 33400-FGM-305 and the only visible difference is the connector and both are 2/3 the price. I wonder if Honda just renumber the part so it could increase the price or if its actually different in some way. It seems odd that part that look that much alike would be fundamentally different but I don't have anything to guage scale so they might be different sizes....

Hmmm. I can't even find 33400-KTC-305 anywhere, it's not the OEM listing for the 700X turnsignals. Where did you find this number at?

The front right signal is: 33400-MGS-305/315

The front left signal is: 33450-MGS-305/315

The right rear is: 33600-MGS-305/315

The left rear is: 33650-MGS-305/315

The the connectors you are talking about can be different between various models of course, but do the same thing, what you have to watch out for though, is if the cheaper signals have the running light function in them. If whatever signals you found are significantly cheaper, then I would bet they are for a rear application (no running light) or a front signal from a model without the running light feature.

parts.jpg

Sorry, Lane I got those numbers mixed up. I ordered the KTC part which is a discontinued part for a 2010 SH150 scooter. I'm betting its the same part but I was only confident enough to order one. The part is New Honda OEM, from a parts liquidator.

Sorry, Lane I got those numbers mixed up. I ordered the KTC part which is a discontinued part for a 2010 SH150 scooter. I'm betting its the same part but I was only confident enough to order one. The part is New Honda OEM, from a parts liquidator.

Fascinating!

I really wonder what makes one 72.00 dollars, and the other 56.00 bucks, eh?

Be sure to post up if there really is any difference when it arrives! ('though I hope not, for you of course :D)

When I got my 2007 CBR125R, I was amazed how similar the turn signals looked to my 1983 750 Interceptor. I happened to have a couple old turn signals from that bike still kicking around in a drawer, so I pulled them out to compare. They were virtually identical, but had tiny little differences, just enough that they didn't quuuuuuite interchange lenses or a few other swap-able components.

This kind of stuff has always floored me. If Honda had left the exact same turn signals from 1983 and put them on the 2005--> CBR's, nobody could have seen any difference between a new or old style, from further away than 6". Why on God's green earth, would they waste design and engineering effort and parts mold machines, stocking, updating billions of fiche and manual numbers etc., etc., for a difference that made zero difference?

A lot of people disdain or throw around insulting terms like "parts bin bikes" or gasp at the same use of some components shared between models, as if it's somehow a reflection of a bike's pedigree or makes it lesser in performance or desirability and so on. But when it comes to some things, if they all look the same anyway, why not really make them the same, and save us all money?

I'm not saying all bikes and their parts should be cookie cutter stamped out of the same exact mold, but c'mon, one part costing 50 to X % more money to buy, when you can't even see a difference? lol That's just silly! At least make the new part look obviously different!

Speaking of replacing signal lights, has anyone actually replaced the signal assembly? It looks like I need to strip the bike naked to get to them. Anyone know of an easier way?

Speaking of replacing signal lights, has anyone actually replaced the signal assembly? It looks like I need to strip the bike naked to get to them. Anyone know of an easier way?

I don't think there is another way, easier.

Just got it. Its not quite identical but it will install...

OK, it wasn't close enough but the prospect of taking the bike apart again to replace brought out the farkler in me and I managed to combine the parts I needed from the broken signal with the new signal and voila, I have a signal light you can't tell from factory. Next time I'll just buy the right part.

oh yeah, there is a BMW GS1200 that parks next to me at work from time to time. The signals on that bike are affixed with an externally available connector. I'm a little jealous of that feature.

Last edited:
Thanks for the follow up, Dan. Good that you got it work in the end. :)

I've always disliked the need to undo a gazillion parts to get at something simple, especially when it's a likely easy to mangle part like a turn signal, or a maintenance item, like an air or oil filter or valves, or battery, etc.

I don't care for hidden fasteners and seamless body panels, with dozens of hideous hard to reattach fragile clips and tangs. Give me a panel with an honest bunch of bolts holding it on in plain sight, and I'm much happier...

AND who designed that stupid beak??? What an immense PITA to get that thing back on properly......

AND who designed that stupid beak??? What an immense PITA to get that thing back on properly......

hahahaha

The left side of mine around the headlight is still partially unclipped, from me mucking with it over a year ago! For the life of me, I couldn't get some of the hateful tangs to back in their slots. :rolleyes:

Back