• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Major Helmet Squeaks - Normal?

marrt

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a Nolan N44 from Revzilla but, unfortunately, it didn't fit. Had to send it back. Until I can find a local store carrying the N44 and get properly sized, I picked up a GMax G67 to get me by for a while. This helmet squeaks like crazy. Is this normal? Will it quieten down after a while? I realize this may be one of the penalties of a cheap helmet. But I'm thinking of soaking the whole helmet with WD-40 (that's a joke btw).

To be honest, I have never heard of a helmet squeaking like that before. I would say it would be a cause for concern if the squeaking is coming from poor workmanship on any seems or loose/poor attachments for the straps or padding. It could also be that inner linear may be loose/poorly fitted and is rubbing against the Styrofoam, causing the squeaking. Or possibly the Styrofoam is poorly fitted and is rubbing around inside the exterior shell? These are just educated guesses however. Does it squeak just when you move your head around, or does it do all the time even when your head is largely stationary?

I squeaks from relatively minor movements...even just walking with it on. Like most cheaper open face helmets, the sides are very flexible. I can hold it in my hands and make it squeak.

It's a cheap helmet and I'll definitely buy better. However, I need to find a source locally so I can try some on and buy. Using a measuring tape, the N44 should have fit perfectly. However, I couldn't even get it on my head without removing the front modular piece.

I took a 90 minute ride and stopped noticing the "squeaks" after about 15 minutes. So, it doesn't seem to be a problem after all I guess.

Did you get it from the clearance section? LOL. Maybe theres a screw or something loose with the helmet. You might be better off putting on your highschool football helmet.

Back