• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventure Motorcycle Boots

Dogfight: Gaerne G-Midland and Alpinestars Scout waterproof boots.

Video: Dogfight: Gaerne G-Midland and Alpinestars Scout waterproof motocycle boots - YouTube

In the world of adventure motorcycle boots these two boots seem to be the latest preferred cream of the crop. Does anyone own either, and what is your thoughts?

I don't mean to dog either the Alpinestars (I have some Alpinestars MX-4 boots that I have loved since day one) or the Gearne (I have had my Gearne MX boots for 23 years, now retired) but I don't know about either of the two in the video being the "preferred cream of the crop" as far as boots go.

I went with a pair of Italian Supermodel twins, called Si and Di, for my choice. :heart:

Sidi Adventure (the picture is of the "Rain" version, which is less expensive because it uses a non GoreTex breathable membrane. Identical looking, I went with the Adventure GoreTex, which while brutally expensive, is worth every penny to me)

Sidi_Adventure_Rain_Boots_zoom.jpg

The armour in the G-Midland and Scout boots just doesn't appear to be as comprehensive, especially in the vulnerable ankle bone areas.

I don't mean to dog either the Alpinestars (I have some Alpinestars MX-4 boots that I have loved since day one) or the Gearne (I have had my Gearne MX boots for 23 years, now retired) but I don't know about either of the two in the video being the "preferred cream of the crop" as far as boots go.

I went with a pair of Italian Supermodel twins, called Si and Di, for my choice. :heart:

Sidi Adventure (the picture is of the "Rain" version, which is less expensive because it uses a non GoreTex breathable membrane. Identical looking, I went with the Adventure GoreTex, which while brutally expensive, is worth every penny to me)

View attachment 9741

The armour in the G-Midland and Scout boots just doesn't appear to be as comprehensive, especially in the vulnerable ankle bone areas.

That's a good looking boot. That is one thing I do not have. Proper footwear. I currently wear my work boots. I'm required to wear leather, above ankle, steel toe (or composite) boots. I know having a steel toe boot in an accident could be a bad idea. I practically undress in the parking lot now so changing boots would only add an extra couple minutes.

I'm keeping an eye on this thread for any other ideas. I really should buy some good boots.

That's a good looking boot. That is one thing I do not have. Proper footwear. I currently wear my work boots. I'm required to wear leather, above ankle, steel toe (or composite) boots. I know having a steel toe boot in an accident could be a bad idea. I practically undress in the parking lot now so changing boots would only add an extra couple minutes.

I'm keeping an eye on this thread for any other ideas. I really should buy some good boots.

The only potential drawbacks, is they have a very soft tread, and I can picture it wearing out easier than a harder compound style. I'll cross that bridge when/if I come to it, but I imagine mine lasting for several years easy anyway, before needing to be re-soled. Second, they can be prone to squeaking if you don't lube the ankle hinges. I glorped some silicone spray in there year before last, and they have been silent as the grave since.

They super extra comfortable, I could walk all day in them! The key is the ankle hinge, so they don't feel like ski boots or full bore moto cross boots.

Dogfight: Gaerne G-Midland and Alpinestars Scout waterproof boots.

Video: Dogfight: Gaerne G-Midland and Alpinestars Scout waterproof motocycle boots - YouTube

In the world of adventure motorcycle boots these two boots seem to be the latest preferred cream of the crop. Does anyone own either, and what is your thoughts?

Hi OCR,
were you the one who kept saying you are short, etc?

I am not tall. So when I tried these type of motorcross boots on, the boots almost went up to my knees.
So....

In any case, buy those in Italy. They will be much better fit than those done in Thailand.
That's my guess /bet.

On my side, I have a pair of Sidi Discovery rain boots for 3 years now and very happy with them. Was going to buy a pair of Alpinestars Scout but the at the same time, the sidi where at a super special price, so I changed my mind and no regrets, very comfortable, waterproof. I also have a pair of Alpinestars Ridge for the road only rides.
Sidi Discovery rain boots:
SIS-DIS-BKBK_DiscoveryRainBoots.jpg

On my side, I have a pair of Sidi Discovery rain boots for 3 years now and very happy with them. Was going to buy a pair of Alpinestars Scout but the at the same time, the sidi where at a super special price, so I changed my mind and no regrets, very comfortable, waterproof. I also have a pair of Alpinestars Ridge for the road only rides.
Sidi Discovery rain boots:
View attachment 9743

Those are nice too. I tend to bend at the ankles a good bit. How well do these flex in that area? Looks like the material at the ankle is sewn across several areas to allow collapsing.

Those are nice too. I tend to bend at the ankles a good bit. How well do these flex in that area? Looks like the material at the ankle is sewn across several areas to allow collapsing.
You can walk with these boots all day long, comfortable and flexible a wish.
They are also waterproof tested by my feet many time.
I'm not saying they are better than others, but they just fits like a glove :confused:
drunk-babies-glove-feet.jpg

LOL Good one. Maybe she has opposing thumbs on her feet?

Socks made with separate compartments for each toe are quite common in Japan, especially among blue-collar workers. They are incredibly comfortable. After you get used to wearing them, the very thought of jamming all your toes together in one common area starts to strike you as sort of gross and repulsive. They are habit-formingly comfortable and I wore them exclusively for close to two decades, until lymphedema mandated a switch to compression stockings.

When I went back to the US for a while in the late 90s, I made sure to take with me a nice large supply of them so I wouldn't run out and have to go back to barbarian socks. One day I was standing at the fuel counter in a truck stop....I think it was in Kentucky....wearing my comfy socks and a pair of comfy sandals, when a lady standing next to me suddenly noticed my footwear:

"Your socks have toes in them!!!"

I replied, "Everybody's socks have toes in them"

back to boots This year I bought myself a pair of Falco Mixto adv boots ,,cheap at £130,,I discovered them while reading a review on the new ktm,,and emailed the tester about his boots,,it turns out he had done a review on them as well..read here http://www.adventurebikerider.com/c...reviewed-falco-mixto-atv-adventure-boots.html for myself I am really pleased with my choice,,,but I suppose I would say that after spending £130.all the best

I've had the Alpinestars Scout boot for 12 months and have been very impressed with them, I've ridden in all conditions and haven't been cold or wet, in the winter I wore then with a pair of Wigwam Merino Hiker socks and they kept my feet toasty.

The boots were a little stiff at first and did take a bit of time to wear them in but now they are very comfortable.

I've also worn them in the summer and haven't overheated in them, not that UK summers are that hot!

I would certainly buy another pair if they ever wear out.

When I bought mine they were on offer at £120/$180.

In any case, buy those in Italy. They will be much better fit than those done in Thailand.
That's my guess /bet.

6.jpgIn my quest for a set of new motorcycle boots, I took Happy's advise: "In any case, buy those in Italy. They will be much better fit than those done in Thailand."

Glad I listened to Happy. The Gaerne Midland boots are great. They fit from the moment I put them on. Required no break in time. I have ridden in some hard rains and the boots are as advertised - Waterproof. I have huge calves, and these boots do not rub my calves. But more than any other boot I have had over the years, these boots are easy to put on and take off. No more boot wrestling matches.

smileyitaly.jpg

Last edited:
I've had a set of Alpinestar Tech 3 MX boots for about two years now (not for the street), and while they are fantastic boots to ride in, I hate the buckles. Maybe I'm just inept at operating them, but they are a chore to close and get seated, and twice as bad to open and release. Just a thought for some of you fellas.

Love my Scouts. Wish I had them 3 years ago - may have saved my ankle when I was run over by a deer. My red wing work boots did nothing.

I bought the alpinestarts SM-X. Very comfy, and saved my ankle at 45mph! hardly a scuff on them.

1.jpg

What really matters is that you wear the safety equipment. I know a few folks who own all the safety equipment, but did not have it on when the accident happened to them. It can, will, and does happen to all of us, so be prepared.

Smileyreadingbook.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back