• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shoei RF-1100 and Trnasitions shield?

jesse096

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking for a transitions shield for my helmet. It's gettings VERY annoying to put my sunglasses on all the time. I have a website I'm looking at, and it doesn't list the 1100, but it does list the 1000. My question is this: Can the shield from the RF-1000 be used on the RF-1100?

Shield: S.H.I.E.L.D. - Hightech Eye Protection

Helmet: SHOEI North America | RF-1100

-Jesse

Wow! I've wanted a Transitions shield for my Shoei Multitech for a while but I thought they were only available on Bell helmets. Gonna have to save my pennies! Thanks!

I personally like the option of being able to flip my tinted shield up and down real quick depending on whether I just drove into a tunnel or something of the like. I have never tried these so I have no idea how fast they transition.

Thats true sergeantchuck. Don't know how fast it can change? Especially from a brightly lit area to a dark tunnel. A concern that is worth noting.

Ken

I've never tried any of those transition shields, but absolutely love the flip down sunshield in my Nolan N103 helmet. I've given up on wearing sunglasses while riding because that feature works so well. The main downfall for me is that now I forget to bring sunglasses along to wear when I get off the bike. ;)

Thats true sergeantchuck. Don't know how fast it can change? Especially from a brightly lit area to a dark tunnel. A concern that is worth noting.

Ken

Like Transitions eyeglass lenses, they lighten up slowly. But going into a tunnel, it's a lot easier to flip up a shield than it is to take off sunglasses.

I have a transistions shield for my BELL Star Carbon.
These work well when going from sun up to sun down or vice versa and from wide open full sun areas to long shaded road sections, they do not instantly change.
If you go into a dark tunnel you'll probably have to flip up the shield to see well.
If needed, I flip the visor about half open and tilt my head back until the visor lightens enough.
I think the biggest advantage of these shields is that they have a variable amount of tint for the conditions.
If you want instant change, the helmets with the flip up internal visors are probably your best bet and I almost bought one myself.

To the OP: Your question on if the shields are interchangeable between the 1000 and 1100. I don't believe they are as, I believe, the mechanisms are different.

I'm looking for a transitions shield for my helmet. It's gettings VERY annoying to put my sunglasses on all the time. I have a website I'm looking at, and it doesn't list the 1100, but it does list the 1000. My question is this: Can the shield from the RF-1000 be used on the RF-1100?

Shield: S.H.I.E.L.D. - Hightech Eye Protection

Helmet: SHOEI North America | RF-1100

-Jesse

Question for those who have one of these transition shields: are they dark enough in bright sunlight? I've looked at a number of helmets with flip-down shields and find that their tint is much too light for me.

Back