• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tinking/Rattling coming from right side

fallenturtles

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!

My bike has developed a rattling or light metal tinking noise when I hit a bump in the road these days. I haven't noticed any sort of performance issue whatsoever, just a noise. But I've learned that a noise can become an issue and then it can be come a headache and then it can become a big bill.

The noise comes from the right side of the bike as far as I can tell. It's only when a bump in the road comes up. Doesn't need to be a big one, just any sort of small bump or dip in the road can trigger it.

Any idea what this could be? My first thought was some part of the muffler, but everything seems solid from what little investigating I've done.

Could be something lose.do you have a centerstand that could be lose?or maybe you are hearing the clutch bucket noise that some of us have which is normal.

Check the screw and metal plates at the end of the swingarm. These are what you use to tighten the chain. I bet one of them are loose and rattling.

Back