• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kaoko Throttle Lock install problem.

Challenged

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello folks. I ordered a Kaoko Throttle Lock from TwistedThrottle and am attempting to install it. I was able to remove the bar-end without issue. The second step, however, is to remove the handlebar insert on the throttle side and I can't seem to get it. The instructions say to squeeze the two tabs together and then pull the bar out, but the thing will not budge. I've worked on it for about an hour now and I recall reading the whole process is only supposed to take 5 minutes :(

Here's a picture of two small screwdrivers I'm using to push the tabs towards the center and then I'm using a pair of pliers to try and pull the bar out. I'll admit that I'm no mechanic, so am I missing something simple here? Thanks!

62DGn71k

I struggled with that too. I put the screw in and held the head with a vice grips and hammered it out. Not pretty but it worked quicklyphoto.jpg. I posted it on a different thread earlier today

I'm 99% sure the NCX is the same thing as my other Hondas

Let me know if you can't make out what's going on in this picture, as far as size or resolution and I'll try to redo.

image.jpg

Thanks guys. I only noticed that other thread after I made this post. I'm hoping I can knock this out (pun intended) tomorrow morning.

Well it still took me a bit of doing to get this done this morning, but I finally was able to solve the problem by using two claw hammers. After some consistent light/medium tapping it finally came loose.

XHo013XK

another trick is to grab a second person. First one person pinches those two tabs in with 2 screw drivers and with the screw inserted in the center of the insert the second person pulls the screw either by hand or vice grips. Trick is to really pry hard with the 2 screw drivers while the 2nd person pulls on the center screw.

Is it possible to use handguards with the Kaoko throttle lock on the NC700x, and if so does it have to be a certain brand?

thanks for all the info.

Kaoko makes a different throttle lock costing an extra 5 dollars. I ordered the parts in the wrong order and have the Barkbusters on and the throttle lock not designed for those. I was planning on going to the hardware store and buying a longer version of the Kaoko bolt that will go over the barkbusters. I might try to night.

I had the same problem with removing the weight. I put the bar end bolt through a socket and screwed it back into the weight. Then, when I tightened the screw, it pulled the weight out. I had to change to a longer socket a few times, but it came out easily when everything else failed. It was also non-destructive to the weight, so it can be reused if necessary.

Back