• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

road a ctx700 today

ziggie

Reaction score
Visit site
I was at a dealer today and i got talked into taking a new ctx700 on a as long as i want ride.it was white with the faring.it handled very well.same amount of power as our nc.it took cur es. better. i would say because its lower.the more forward pegs was nice and the bars come right to you.the seat was none slippery and was like sitting on 100 pillows.all in all it was a nice 30 min ride.the. reason i agree to ride it i wanted to see if highway pegs,risers ,and different seat would really make much of a difference.i believe.it will.just thought i would share my Honda experience. today.and why couldn't they have put a seat like that on the nc.

If the CTX had been out last year when I was looking for a bike, it might have been a difficult choice between it and the NCX. Since it wasn't, and since I have too much invested in the NCX now I'll stay with what I have. My dealer has 3 CTX's, one DCT and 2 manuals, but I haven't ridden one to see how they compare. He did tell me yesterday that they can't get anymore NCX's. It may just be a small dealer in a remote location issue.

Ziggie, I'm married to an English teacher, so don't take this personally....
you RODE a ctx700.... the "ROAD" you used is not the correct one.

and why couldn't they have put a seat like that on the nc.

Well if the seat was low on the NC700X like it is on the CTX, then the fuel tank would need to be moved forward and then the NC would have no frunk. Take a low seat or a frunk, but not both.

Greg

Last edited:
I sat on it and hated it. The handles are too far forward and the footpegs are too far forward. I feel like they were trying to stretch me when I sat on it.

My dealer has 2; 1 red, 1 white. They're quite comfy to sit on. Too bad there's no built-in trunk.

The road taken is my phone typing for me and me not reading what i type before sending lol.i will correct this from now on.my main reason for the ride was to figure out what i need to get to make it a better ride for me.i thought i could get along without a better seat or risers,but after this test i had no leg or back pain so now i know what i need to do to make this great bike even better for me.

The road taken is my phone typing for me and me not reading what i type before sending lol.i will correct this from now on.my main reason for the ride was to figure out what i need to get to make it a better ride for me.i thought i could get along without a better seat or risers,but after this test i had no leg or back pain so now i know what i need to do to make this great bike even better for me.
That happens to me quite a bit as well, so I know exactly how silly it makes you feel sometimes.

I wish the CTX was available here as the forward pegs (providing that they are not too far forward) could be he answer to problems I get with my left leg whilst riding.At the moment it's getting worse causing me to have to stop and strtch it on a regular basis around 100 miles being the max with a stop.

I guess there probably is a website that complies funny auto-fill misspellings because I have sent my share of them.

Back