• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

winter gloves.

frozenpoet

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
well it's almost that time of year again, the kids are back in school and we are starting to See pumpkin flavored everything. That can only mean that cold weather is right around the corner. my summer gloves normally do well in the winter with the bike having hand guards and heated grips but after a brutal ride in the rain this past spring I've decided to pick up a pair of winter waterproof gloves. so what do you all use? right now I've got my eye on the icon patrol waterproof, alpinstars apex drystar, and the cortech scarab winter glove.

Last edited:
Last edited:
When it comes to winter gloves brand does not matter. Buy the look you want. You are looking for two words in a winter gloves. First word in winter gloves is "Thinsulate". This 3M product does wonders for winter gloves. Second word in winter gloves is "Electric". With thermostat you set the temperature like you like.

I've never needed really warm gloves for winter. My biggest concern is being able to feel the grips well. I just bought a pair of street and steel nirvana waterproof gloves that I think will be my winter gloves. They have great grip feel and don't feel bulky at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Just thought it might be a good time to point out.... if you have hand guards you won't need quite as much in the way of gloves since you will have wind protection for your hands.
Considering the cost of heated grips, hand guards seem like a cheaper alternative there as well....

Just thought it might be a good time to point out.... if you have hand guards you won't need quite as much in the way of gloves since you will have wind protection for your hands.
Considering the cost of heated grips, hand guards seem like a cheaper alternative there as well....

I just added the Trackside hand guards so I'm hoping the gloves I bought will do the job. Otherwise I'll end up spending the $450 the dealer wants.

Unless it's really cold. I have hanguards and heated grips, and with winter gloves I can ride pretty comfortably at a little above freezing. But for any penthouse of time, high speed (wind chill), or temps below freezing, it's not enough.

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

I'll be purchasing a set of Barkbusters before the winter sets in but the 'alleged' waterproof winter gloves I've ridden with for the last few years need to be replaced. Last year I picked up the most effective balaclava I've ever owned made out of windstopper material. If I remember correctly, it's actually called a windstopper. This year I'll be looking for a reasonably priced pair of mittens or gloves made from the same material, with whatever neo-tech insulation comes with them. Anyone that's tried the balaclava I'm talking about will know how well it works.

Last winter/late fall I rode into the low 30's with my barkbusters and heated grips with joerocket gpx gloves and was fine for the most part. The thing that got me was a trip where it was snowing/raining/sleeting and they got wet and it was game over. The sad thing is the more I look around the less decided I am on what I want to get.

I'm an unrepentant glove junky, so I usually have at least 1/2 a dozen pairs of 'em kicking around at any given moment, lol.

As an experiment a couple years ago, I got a pair of these: Ansai Mobile Warming Ski Snowboard Winter Heated Gloves w Batteries New | eBay just to see what they were like. Unfortunately, they don't have the protection of a leather glove or any armour, etc., so I wouldn't pick them as my go to gloves for any highway riding.

Just for my short little inner city commute, if the temps drop very far below minus 5* C. When used with heated grips they're ok. They can get hot enough to almost burn you, but as with most heated gloves, they still can be chilly at the fingertips.

With my 125R, it has a pretty vestigial amount of available watts to spare for electrical accessories, so having both heated grips and wired-in heated gloves might tax it to the point of not allowing the full heat to be available to the gloves, if I wanted to add a heated vest or jacket into the mix at any point.

The battery powered gloves can be worn on or off the bike as well, they have insulation in them and are breathable waterproof, so even if the batteries die, I can still use them for cool weather or rain glove spares.

I had really wanted the more motorcycle-friendly (and much costlier :eek:) model: Ansai Mobile Warming XL Max Heated Electric Battery Gloves | eBay but I was never able to find any. They were always sold out, backordered, or a weird size like XXXXXLarge or XXXSmall.

My current favourite rain gloves do double duty as my winter gloves right now. Rev it H2O gloves of roughly 2009 vintage? I can never remember the model name. Not any of the "usual" names, like Kelvin, or Zenith or whatever, but more of a simple Alpha-Numeric type name. They are not superbly warm in below zero temps, but I can't stand overly bulky gloves, so having heated grips with them is a good thing.

So, I ended up getting the alpinstars apex drystar gloves and for the most part I'm happy with them. I have ridden in heavy rain with them and my hands did stay dry. So in terms of waterproof they seem to work. In the cold they do ok with my barkbusters and heated grips. I've ridden in the upper 20's and low 30's and my hands where warm enough. I do recommend getting a pair of glove liners for when it's getting near the freezing mark though. Other than the fingers being a tad too long, which is a common problem with me, I'm happy with these gloves.

I purchased Sliders from compacc as a house brand. they are armored and warm, though liners are still needed for truly chilly days.

Back