• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Should we start an NC750 forum or add subforoums on this site

Should we start an NC750 Forum

• Yes.. Keep it the NC750 seperate from this site.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • No. Ad forum areas for the NC750 on this site.

Votes: 58 89.2%

• Total voters

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone with the news that in the last Quarter of 2013 Honda will Release the NC750. I am undecided wiether to start a separate sister site or add forum and gallery areas on this this.

What do you all think?

Dennis

By the article it sounds like the only difference is a little more muscle. Other than that, its the same bike. I think combining the group would be good.

ken

If the bike is primarily the same and only the engine is changing then it makes sense to combine. I'm a member of a jeep wrangler forum which has more than one model (yes it makes a differnce) and a member of one that has only my model. I prefer the site that has only my model. On the combined site you have to pay special attention to whether it is a JK, TJ, XJ or CJ otheriwse you can give bad advice. If there are things that change from the 700 to the 750 people just need to be aware and give the best advise possible. I'm not for nor against. We are all here for the same reason.

I voted to keep "in house".

With the proviso that Moderators can ban any of the new 750 members, if their bikes are way better, and they always rub our noses with it.

I keed, I keed! lol :D:D

I guess it would have better features, beside engine's volume slight increase. But i think most would still be similar, so the object of discussion is still relevant.

Having said that, I'd vote for combined forum.

Sent from my X508 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Absolutely the ONLY references in Japanese to this bike I have been able to find via google are ALL about bikes produced specifically for driving schools in Japan. Pictures are available and the bikes have been delivered.

I can find NO release from Honda, nor any other reference from a Japanese source about the general consumer getting the larger displacement bike.

Keep inside same forum.
not sure about domain name though.
anyway we have gun owners, bike-changers and so many misfits (including me), what's a few more?
:p

Mike, is there a reason Honda would make a 750 version just as a trainer? If that kicks it into a different category that requires a different license and therefore require training on that size bike then I could see the schools asking Honda to make a limited run just for them since it would be a good trainer bike.

From another site:

" Honda already uses a 745cc version of the NC700S in Japan specifically for riding schools as the NC750L (pictured below). The NC750L engine has a 77 mm bore compared to 73mm for the NC700S for a larger displacement. Despite the larger engine however, the NC750L has been (de-)tuned to make it more accessible for new riders, claiming 36.5 hp. The NC750L also has just a five-speed transmission (compared to six on the manual transmission NC models) and at 770mm, a lower seat height than the 790mm saddle on the NC700S."

From another site:

" ... Despite the larger engine however, the NC750L has been (de-)tuned to make it more accessible for new riders, claiming 36.5 hp. The NC750L also has just a five-speed transmission (compared to six on the manual transmission NC models) and at 770mm, a lower seat height than the 790mm saddle on the NC700S."

larger engine but lower hp? perhaps it's KW, but still no significant increase of power (36.5 KW= 48.9 HP). published test is showing NC700 has 48 HP. Honda NC700X Road Test Review- Specifications- Photos

if it is true (about the same power), its kind of an odd-marketing (for new product) strategy.

well anyway, without hard-facts, we'll just keep playing guessing game.

I can't see Honda making a NC750X with a 5-speed gearbox! If I were in the market, the 5-speed would be a deal breaker.

Back