• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tool bag?

I had the same reaction...I got that, the helmet wire, and a fuse puller. If you look in the owners manual it lists the tools that should be there. There should be about 12 tools in the kit...we are missing all of the wrenches.

I had the same reaction...I got that, the helmet wire, and a fuse puller. If you look in the owners manual it lists the tools that should be there. There should be about 12 tools in the kit...we are missing all of the wrenches.

I had the same thing minus the fuse puller. I don't care about the cheap wrenches because I have plenty of wrenches. This thread makes me feel better though because now I know nobody at the dealership took my tools.:)

This is the European version of toolbag. I know that Honda US does not include any toolbags in their delivered bikes. Why that is so is a big mystery. Please do contact them in this matter.

DSC_1078_1.jpg

I got these too.

In the past, the tools from the bike usually outperform those which you can buy in the shop. Of course, not many (maybe I am wrong) will pay too much for special tools which can outlast any other (like Snap on).

I'd say ask your dealer, why these tools are missing.

As I hadn't bought a NEW Honda in 35 years, I thought it odd the tool bag consisted of the small screwdriver, helmet cord and fuse puller. When I brought this to the dealers attention (thinking they had them in the back somewhere) he informed me that is all they come with stock NOW. Of course I could order a tool kit if I wanted to . . . :-/ It appears that Honda USA doesn't take care of their new owners quite as well as Honda (everyplace else.) Maddening, but what ya gonna do?

Which brings up the question -- what does everyone use for a good portable (light) carry with tool kit? Anything that is commercially available and has the essentials?

Which brings up the question -- what does everyone use for a good portable (light) carry with tool kit? Anything that is commercially available and has the essentials?
Well, for short trips I got the European set you saw in my input earlier in this thread. For touring/long distance trips I got an extra set of tools and spare parts which includes complete set of tire repair kit, air compressor, all bits and sockets, gaffa tape, fuses, multimeter, straps and more. For these trips I also got a water bottle, energy bars and a suncap!

You put it through the metal tabs on your helmet chin strap, then one of the ends of the cable wire need to go through the other end. After this, pop the gas service seat and on the left side is a bar that you can attach the cable too, then close the door. Now your helmet is locked to your bike.

When I bought my 700x, I was also shocked to see the "bare minimum" in the tool bag. However, the parts guy did order the rest of the tools for under $40. I pick them up tomorrow. Still unusual as to why Honda didn't include the full kit in the first place, unless they are trying to keep the overall cost of the machine down to attract new riders with the low price tag.

When I bought my 700x, I was also shocked to see the "bare minimum" in the tool bag. However, the parts guy did order the rest of the tools for under $40. I pick them up tomorrow. Still unusual as to why Honda didn't include the full kit in the first place, unless they are trying to keep the overall cost of the machine down to attract new riders with the low price tag.

Being in the supply chain business before, I would say the list price of US$40 translate to roughly US$8 (20%) in actual cost for the Honda USA. For US$8, I do not think they will attract more riders to buy this already-low-priced little wonder.
:D
~Joe

I think it was a mistake from their part, maybe not enough toolkits for shipping. (1st batch, could even be the demo batch for the dealers)

Last edited:
Well, for short trips I got the European set you saw in my input earlier in this thread. For touring/long distance trips I got an extra set of tools and spare parts which includes complete set of tire repair kit, air compressor, all bits and sockets, gaffa tape, fuses, multimeter, straps and more. For these trips I also got a water bottle, energy bars and a suncap!

I agree. This toolkit may seem small but it can "save" you in some unexpected road-stops. I mean no one really wants to lug along their "full workshop set"?
Maybe that is why some people want 3 boxes? :p

Personally I would not "lock" the helmet via this cable. It is not elegant (like Teknor said). I'd bet if I wanted to steal the helmet, a hard yank will achieve this, plus you have to repair the seat area afterwards.

In CH, we are quite lucky, local people here are very respectful about others' belongings. In ski resorts, one can leave their 2000chf (1chf = ~US1) skis outside while they take lunch / drink, and NO ONE will steal them.
A lost wallet is usually found at the local police or information counter, totally intact.
People here (locals) are really honest, etc.

Therefore, many people here leave their helmets on their bikes, when they are at the restaurant. For me, I prefer to bring it along to the restaurant (my helmet is new).
:D

~Just an information share for people outside CH.
Someone once told me, helmets are like shoes, Now you would not steal old stinky shoes, would you? I don't.

I researched our owners manual and did not find the tool bag contents, this is what we get in America .

" an optional tool kit maybe available. Check with your Honda deals hip parts department".

Back