• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Look what I found: NC700 videos...(extreme ones only please)

Loved the video, Happy Joe, despite being in the wrong language. It does definitively answer the much asked question of "will the NC700 wheelie?" Just point those guys to this link.

That's right Thomas.
With the right amount of skills and balls, any bike can wheelie (I just watched a Goldwing do the W).
Remember to like the posts...
:cool:

Last edited:
so has anyone here been able to get the front up? i've very coyly popped the clutch twice now and it the bike just shoots forward.

Slide your butt back to the passenger set, your hind end will be up a bit high but it will rotate up that way. Just remember to keep your foot on the peg and ready to hit the rear brake if you feel you're over rotating. The balance point on most bikes has the front wheel higher that the average rider is confortable with. You can also do like the video shows, stand on the pegs, shift your weight back as you rev up and fan or dump the clutch, then you shift your weight to maintain the balance...A bit harder way to do it, it takes practice. My GSX-R would power wheelie in 1st and 2nd, just snap the throttle and bam you were at the balance point at speeds between 50 and 100 mph, this is why there are more crashed GSXR 750's than any other bike I know.....Just be careful when you try to wheelie, it is the quickist way I know to wad a bike.

Well, I finally did get the front end up, not much, maybe a foot and a half or so. Just dumped the clutch a bit harder than I had before. It was before I read this last reply, so I did it sitting "up front". Now I can say I did it and be done with it. :p I'm used to my XL, just slide back on the seat and give it a little twist and its up with no effort. Now getting the rear wheel up on the NC is really easy. It came up a lot higher and faster than I expected. This bike doesn't deserve that kind of treatment, but I made myself a promise at one point to never own a bike that I couldn't get both the front and rear wheels up if I really wanted to.

I'll be purchasing a hypermotard around March or April to do my hooning on...

Here is another interesting one, made by the same french guys about the X :

[video=youtube;i2oRqVEaayM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2oRqVEaayM&feature=share&list=ULi2oRqVEaayM[/video]

Forward to 5:10 for some hardcore stuff ;-)

Here is another interesting one, made by the same french guys about the X :forward to 5:10 for some hardcore stuff ;-)
OK this was funny as all hell, I love the fact that the production value and visual story surpasses the language barrier. For the first time in my life I wish I had learned passable French.

I don't speak french but this video seems like it's making fun of the old NC. I'm sure no here's going to go hanging themselves from a rafter over it, but it seems like a series of failures of the NC to beat bikes for the environment in which they're designed. Nothing we haven't heard before. I like the joke at the end with the guy on the bicycle.

edit: just saw Frank's post. I agree.

@Happy: I'm pretty sure they're just saying it's not good at anything.

...@Happy: I'm pretty sure they're just saying it's not good at anything.
There's an advantage to that though. Sport bikes will always corner better than the NC700X...but the pain in your wrists will keep you from every wanting to ride all day long. Dirt bikes will excel at riding off-road...but you have to get there first, and the NC700X won't beat you to death getting there. A lot of bikes have car engine size engines and get fantastic acceleration...but you'll pass them at the gas pump. And if you can eliminate carrying a back pack by putting in the faux tank, you'll smile every time you see someone else who doesn't have that same faux tank.

Being a jack of all trades, and a master of none, is not bad when you get a package as good as this one.

Chris

@Happy: I'm pretty sure they're just saying it's not good at anything.

I speak frenck, in fact it's my native language. They just wanted to do a funny video, and really put the "do it all" claim to the test. Overall they really liked the bike for what it's meant to be.

Ha ha. That was a funny vid. Now I got some ideas of things to try next time I'm out and about. First up... when next in traffic, I will pop my Triumph Sprint 1050 coworker on the head and challenge him to a race. If he wins, he gets an award from the blue & white. My NC700 is so shiny its practically invisible to radar :)) !

I love French Moto mag videos :D True sense of humour, without (most of) the handcuffs of modern political correctness crap.

*smack*

LOL

They say French comedy movies are hilarious, VUDU has a whole section devoted to them, but again without understanding the language I would miss most of the fun.

After the first video I clicked on the video of the Ninjas at the motorcycle show, I really wish I knew what these nuts were saying because their videos are funny as all hell. the Ninjas cracked me up.

Last edited:
There's an advantage to that though. Sport bikes will always corner better than the NC700X...but the pain in your wrists will keep you from every wanting to ride all day long. Dirt bikes will excel at riding off-road...but you have to get there first, and the NC700X won't beat you to death getting there. A lot of bikes have car engine size engines and get fantastic acceleration...but you'll pass them at the gas pump. And if you can eliminate carrying a back pack by putting in the faux tank, you'll smile every time you see someone else who doesn't have that same faux tank.

Being a jack of all trades, and a master of none, is not bad when you get a package as good as this one.

Chris

I agree 100%. Those of us that have them know what we love about them, is all I meant. I know what it is and I love it so I don't let detractors, even when they're apparently not detractors at all, get me down.

By the way, cutter, if you want to appreciate some classic french comedies without knowing the language, have a look at anything by Jacques Tati, like Mon Oncle or Mr. Hulot's Holiday.

Back