• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Aerostich Very Boring Rally

Darn with that schedule I hope I have time to get over to the store, maybe they will have all their stuff at rally center? I see John Ryan is giving a talk, he rode his FJR from Deadhorse to Key West in 87 hours!!
I might have to stay an extra days to do some riding, already been up to Duluth twice this summer.

I forgot to ask, let us know any neat new stuff that Aerostich is coming out with.
20130823_140032.jpg
The Very Boring Rally came off great, had great weather for camping and beautiful view all weekend. Full schedule of seminars and all Aeorstich clothing available to try on. The Roadcrafter suits in Light or ultralight are very interesting.
Bob Higdon rode his Honda in that he had rode around the world. He is really a great writer and his stories, while he sure knows how to tell them.
20130824_145418.jpg
John Ryan the guy that rode his FJR from Deadhorse Ak to Key West Fl in 86 hours and 31 minutes , while I had to move up front so I didn't miss a word of his story. Just getting to Deadhorse he failed the first 3 times, flat tires, snow on pass, on his last try 20 miles from Deadhorse rocks punctured his oil pan. He got the bike to Deadhorse and with JB weld and patch material he got it sealed up.
20130824_132003.jpg
This is not the bike he rode but it's replacement, seems after dropping all the oil out of it a couple times, it expired early. He is known for changing oil in back of Wal Marts, notice Hippo hands. He is one big guy not in a fat way and never took his Roadcrafters suit off. This guy admits that he only works enough to keep on riding.
I did some back roads touring on the way home and an extra day getting home. I had noticed the tire was about to hit the wearbars at rally, oops that night noticed steel cord. Darn I figured that one wrong, luckily I stayed in motel that night cause one heck off a storm came through. Pouring rain next morning , I carefully rode my bike over to the nearest dealer took the only thing he had in my size a Continental . He had me on the road in an hour, new tire and wet roads I drove like I was on ice for the first hour. Oh not one 700X at rally had lots of riders looking at bike and asking about it. Did meet one guy from furom but he had ridden his dirt bike over.

Last edited:
Back