• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Garnae Balance Oil boot ??.

Nortwestrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about buying a pair,anybody have them??.They will be my year round boot and I ride in rain about 4-5 months a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they are one of the best boots on the market. The only negatives I've heard are good, but not total waterproofness...and because it's intended for trials riding, the ankle protection is not that great. Something for you to consider since you do a fair amount of off roading and the NC isn't a featherweight...just my $.02...

I have a pair of Alpinestar offroad boots for the serious offroad stuff.Waterproofness is a big deal for me BUT after 35 years of riding year round here in Seattle I have found that the only REAL waterproof boots are my rubber ditch digger boots !!.

Now that would be a hard choice, because they are both the best on the market. Both great boots. It would have to just come down to personnel preference.

I have a pair of Alpinestar offroad boots for the serious offroad stuff.Waterproofness is a big deal for me BUT after 35 years of riding year round here in Seattle I have found that the only REAL waterproof boots are my rubber ditch digger boots !!.

Well, that would have been good information to have in the OP...lol. If you have boots for your more adventurous riding and you're realistic about the waterproofing, I'd say go for it. You might want to consider some TCX Infinity boots though as they have the protection, and have been far more waterproof than my other riding gear in heavy downpours. They just don't look as cool as the Gaerne Oiled boots...

I was all set on a pair of SIDI Discovery rains but I have a $200 credit at Leather Up and they don't carry SIDI,plus the Balance oil's were my second choice and they carry them.

Back