• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I don't want to be Superman!!!

TechiePilot

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So fellow riders, here is my predicament (if I can call it that)...
I want to have my safety gear, but I don't want to go through a complete changeout routine when I reach my destination... I like that I can be wearing 80-85% of my day's clothing after I dismount. One of the really cool things I love about the 700 is that my built-in storage compartment holds my lunch, and when I arrive, I switch it out with my helmet-gloves-scarf/bandana and off I go.

For gear I have helmet, jacket, gloves and 'above the ankle work boots' (they're not the ones that make me look like a state trooper).. but I haven't yet decided on safety gear or pants.

I'm open to suggestions...

I'm in the same predicament. I don't have my 700 yet (still on order) but once I do, I want to drive it to work but I wear dress pants and dress shoes, and there is no telephone booth nearby to quickly 'change' :)

Companies such as Aerostitch ( Ithink that is the correct name) do one piece suits that go over your work cloths. these have protection built in. Ride to work in your buissness suit or whatever you wear to work then just slip the suit off when you arrive. these also keep you dry
I know one ladt who wore such a suit over culottes and when she got to work and slipped the suit off she was already to start work in a skirt

I have a Aerostich 1 piece and it is great but in hotter weather it is a bit much. I can wear my Tourmaster mesh pants & jacket over light pants and shirt and remove the mesh protective gear at work. I think the pants are Tourmaster Venture Air and the jacket is the Intake II.

NV (envy) you, Dave....:p

I read many round-the-world tourers swear by this Roadcrafter 1piece.
It is customizable and also repairable.
Of course, it is US$1000.....ouch

Last edited:
NV (envy) you, Dave....:p

I read many round-the-world tourers swear by this Roadcrafter 1piece.
It is customizable and also repairable.
Of course, it is US$1000.....ouch

But still made in the good old USA. My last one lasted 19 years including a 50 mph slide out. I only got a new one because it was getting "experienced" looking. It still worked well and still serves its new owner. My new one is 4 years old and indistinguishable from new. You will hear tales of zippers not keeping rain out and wet crotches, but the very recent models have a better waterproof zipper. Older zippers can be replaced with the new one. I am a fan.

But still made in the good old USA. My last one lasted 19 years including a 50 mph slide out. I only got a new one because it was getting "experienced" looking. It still worked well and still serves its new owner. My new one is 4 years old and indistinguishable from new. You will hear tales of zippers not keeping rain out and wet crotches, but the very recent models have a better waterproof zipper. Older zippers can be replaced with the new one. I am a fan.

Beemerphile, Rocker66, and dduelin, thanks for the suggestion. Will mark it on the list for future reference.

Try Home :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear / Home :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear
The roadcraft 1-piece is what you want. I have not found a real good reason to buy it yet. But from the history and reviews on this product, you cannot go wrong.
:D

Other than that, I'd say others are just combinations of jacket and pants. Wearing over your workclothes is impractical.

There are simular one piece suits out there. I have an Italian made suit by GiMoto. You picked your colour tried on the suits and picked the best fit . the dealer then noted where it didn't fit exactly made measurements and 3 weeks later your customised suit arried on your door step

That won't work for our long season in south Florida. I wear my jacket mesh, gloves and over the ankle boots and in my office is a pair of business shoes. All I have to worry about is my hair.

After 19 years, these combinations are the best compromise for me.

Mesh Tech Systems Gear | Olympia Moto Sports - Technical Motorcycle Gear

Not perfect, but I live in the suburbs and commute to the city. THe diff in temps in the fall can be as much as 12 degrees some days and I work the second shift so I leave after 9pm.

Light weight, good reflectors, zip out windbreak and insulators. The trick is to get it all off after stopping so you don't sweat into your work clothes - and this really was this clincher for me. I keep the insulator in the trunk tank.

The downside of the design is that the waterproof insert is onthe inside of the mesh and the outer mesh holds the water a little to well. IT doesn't drip but it makes it a little heavier when soaked.

I'm too cheap to buy Aerostich products although I know they are great. I'm also not an ATGATT guy, since I ride in jeans most of the time. I personally like a two piece rider suit when I do suit up. I have used Tourmaster gear for many years. It's reasonably priced and wears well. Tour Master Home Page

I had a pair of Xelement Tri-Tex pants that I wore over dress pants and that worked fine. The pants were a bit tight in general, but it worked. At least until I ripped a huge gaping hole in the crotch :eek:

I now have a pair of Fieldsheer Mercury 2.0 pants (size 4xl - yea, I'm a big n' tall guy) that seem to fit extremely well over my dress pants. I haven't tried them yet though, as my former bike (ok, I'll say it - scooter, broke down this past spring. Right when my new pants arrived too! Haven't ridden since then).

I am looking to get a Tourmaster Transitions Series 3 Jacket (in Black & Silver color of course :)) once my new NC700X comes home this coming March.

I just got a pair of sliders 4.0 Kevlar jeans, love them! Very comfortable, tons of Kevlar coverage and optional knee armor. They look like regular jeans but they do run rather large, I normally wear 33w 32L in Levi's and 30w 30L fits good in the sliders. They also offer khaki and khaki cargo, look great for the office. http://http://www.compacc.com/p/Sliders-Kevlar-Motorcycle-Riding-Jeans-4-0

Back