• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I am head to Indianapolis for the MotoGP race on Sunday (8-18-13), anyone else?

mpgandfun

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it was mid February when I bought my ticket online. Now race day is
FINALLY drawing near :D. I will be taking some pics & footage and posting them here.
Speeds in the big straight will be in the 215 mph range!

If anyone has watched the MotoGP here, any advice on the best spots for viewing? I purchased
a general admission ticket. I have access to: stand A, NW vista, paddock, south vista (sec 12-22),
tower terrace (sec 39-77), and the spectator mounds.

It looks to me like the best way to get close to the action is the mounds. Am I right?

Last edited:
Probably the last motoGP in Indianapolis. They get better attendance in Europe and South America. The past few years they have only averaged about 40,000, while in Europe and South America, they average over 100,000. Heck, the license fee for the Indy MotoGP is $3,000,000 (not a typo), not counting all their other expenses.

I loved it!!!! I have re-ordered my ticket for next year and am considering
a trip to Austin next year for that one too!

I put together a short video of the race:

2013 Indy MotoGP - YouTube

]

Holy! The TV views don't at all capture that unreal speed and sound as they go past the grandstands! :eek:

Great perspective, thanks! :cool:

They announced it on race day that the GP would be back to Indy in 2014. I hope
they're not going to change their mind down the road.

This message on their website could be causing the confusion: They state it will be back in 2014 but no date yet????
"with a race date in August to be announced in the future."

Back