• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

day-glow yellow/green helmet, whatever you call it.

Oldenuf

Reaction score
Visit site
Needed a new helmet, and in shopping around and reading reviews, decided on a helmet with the new, "highly visible" color. The tests I read were very encouraging on it being very visible, with the negative that it fades over time with sun exposure. But there are UV shield waxes available.

The wife said she saw me coming up the road even though she was busy doing something else and not looking directly out the window. Not my choice for fashion, but I don't see it on my head.

Art

I was in my car and I glanced back in my rear view mirror. Way way back there, I can see a bright greenish/yellowish dayglo helment. Couldn't see a bike.
That influenced me to buy my Arai XD4 in dayglo color. Im not into the color, but I do get seen when I ride my bike. Better safe than sorry the saying goes.

ken

A Day-Glo helmet is an excellent choice. Personally I went with a Day-Glo jacket and white helmet, but the effect is the same. I can't understand how many riders I see, or rather DON'T see, because their bike and their clothing is matte black or some other low visibility "color". Motorcyclists want to be seen, right? So make yourself visible!

Loud Colors Save Lives!

Greg

Last edited:
+100. Hi-Viz might not get every cell phone jabbering motorist's attention, but it sure can't hurt.

Here's a low-res snap on a dreary day this spring from one of the twisty road photogs -- the helmet definitely stands out.

Low Res by treybrad, on Flickr

trey

I'm like everyone, and like a good deal, but in trying on different brands of helmets, I was some surprised, at the difference in fit, with the same size helmets, so I paid the extra and bought from the local dealer, where I spent the time going through trying on different helmets. I hear that Revzilla does have a good return policy though.

Hows that for a long sentence.

Art

Hi-vis helmet is great safety addition. It is your highest point and often can be seen above a car that blocks view of jacket.

Be advised none of the helmet manufacturers have a hi-vis paint that won't fade. Some abandoned the color because of complaints. HJC puts warning on box. Scorpion replaced mine after a year and a year later on replacement top is significantly faded. Most fading on very top from sun and still very visible in use, just not as pretty.

Hi-vis helmet is great safety addition. It is your highest point and often can be seen above a car that blocks view of jacket.

Be advised none of the helmet manufacturers have a hi-vis paint that won't fade. Some abandoned the color because of complaints. HJC puts warning on box. Scorpion replaced mine after a year and a year later on replacement top is significantly faded. Most fading on very top from sun and still very visible in use, just not as pretty.
Not so much of a problem for us guys this side of the pond :)

Heard a suggestion to put those little reflective stickers on your helmet for basically the same reason.

Not so much of a problem for us guys this side of the pond :)

Lol, same up in Canucklandia. :)()

I have a Shoei RF200 "Jazz" helmet, that I bought in Salt Lake City Utah, on a trip back from Texas, in 1990.

10144.jpg

Shoei sold this pattern/colour scheme in Fluorescent blue, red, pink, orange, yellow, and green I believe. I've seen pictures in magazines etc., around that time, and read of complaints that they faded extremely quickly in the sun.

My pristine blue model literally looks like it came fresh off the warehouse conveyor belt, right this morning, lol. I think the last harmful sun it saw was crossing the border back into Canada, 23 years ago... :rolleyes:

edit-picture of my helmet added for reference

Last edited:
I have both a Hi-Viz helmet (Vega 'Attitude') and a Hi-Viz jacket (Alpinestars 'Cape Town')
I want to be seen - and everyone I come across say I stand out alot - and that's fine with me.
Being tall helps - I'm like a lighthouse on a bike - bright helmet up top leading the way to safety! :)

Twisted throttle has a 3 inch triangular reflective sticker with their logo that I have on the lower rear portion of my helmet. I think they were a dollar or two, but they sent me three. Really nice quality and flexible to form to helmet. Got no pics as my helmet is in the frunk and just dropped of the bike for a rear tire swap.

I always wanted a Tron-like glowing helmet. Instead of it I have this one, Nolan-103 with reflective decals.

DSC02077.jpg
DSC02079.jpg
DSC02080.jpg

These photos were taken at night from 10meters distance.
helmet_1.jpg
helmet_2.jpg

It may look like a christmas tree with lights on... :)

Anyway, daytime visibility is also important.
Only those pizza delivery scooter guys are always on the run. They are hard survivors. But food is 1st :)

+100. Hi-Viz might not get every cell phone jabbering motorist's attention, but it sure can't hurt.

Here's a low-res snap on a dreary day this spring from one of the twisty road photogs -- the helmet definitely stands out.

Low Res by treybrad, on Flickr

trey

I purchased the same helmet and a day-glo vest from Cyclegear!

Back