• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

noise after wash

ziggie

Reaction score
Visit site
I took bike to carwash cleaned it up a bit.sprayed up into the front sprocket from the rear.now its making a clicking.noise from up front of sprocket area.only when i spin the wheel.could i have knocked something lose??i lube chain and still does it?????

Pull the cover and look at the sprocket. Perhaps there is a leaf or piece of something you knocked loose and it is rubbing the chain. I can't think of anything that could be knocked loose in there by a power washer. There are some wires to the side stand or neutral switch but they are held out of the way of the sprocket by a metal/plastic bracket.

You shouldn't use a car wash spray on a bike as it's far too powerful and water may be 'forced' into various seals and bearings on your bike. If you're going to use a power washer be extra careful how you use it.

Last edited:
I let it sit over night.this morning noise was not as loud.took it down the road to a bike shop.he just opened a few months ago.well no noise at all.he said if it was a transmission seal broken lose i would have no oil.maybe something was washed up in it and came out.anyway its all good now.go figure i take it somewhere And it stops.

Back