• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rode the neighbor kids bike yesterday.

Erok

Reaction score
Visit site
So yesterday, I'm sitting in the garage enjoying a cigar while my wife is off visiting the neighbors. The neighbors grandson was visiting and had his Kawasaki KX65 with him. My wife sent him over to the house to show me the bike. He offered to let me ride it. How could I refuse, a 5'11", 210lb guy on a little 65cc 2 stoke, lol.

Anyway, I took off down the back field, hit 2nd at full song and the front end came off the ground. I forgot how fun and fast 2 strokes can be. Wishing the NC could lift the front as easily, lol.

So yesterday, I'm sitting in the garage enjoying a cigar while my wife is off visiting the neighbors. The neighbors grandson was visiting and had his Kawasaki KX65 with him. My wife sent him over to the house to show me the bike. He offered to let me ride it. How could I refuse, a 5'11", 210lb guy on a little 65cc 2 stoke, lol.

Anyway, I took off down the back field, hit 2nd at full song and the front end came off the ground. I forgot how fun and fast 2 strokes can be. Wishing the NC could lift the front as easily, lol.

Two strokes can be a blast, alright! What an odd cc size, though. I've never heard of a KX65 :eek:

My CXTurbo was like a two stoke, actually. A 600 lb marshmellow, with a powerband nearly identical to my Yamaha RD350LC bikes. It would loop you backwards and on your a** faster than you can say: "Ack!" if you goosed it too hard going into 2nd gear, lol.

Believe me the NC700 can do wheelies. Start rolling in 1 gear, at about 5 miles per hour either in 1st or 2nd gear (depending on how fast you want the front end to pop up), pull in the clutch, come on with the throttle, and then pop the clutch. Use your throttle to control everything, and don't give it too much throttle or over backward you will come! Heck my scooter even does wheelies. I ain't seen a bike yet, that a short, fat, ugly, old guy could not wheelie!

To do wheelies at highway speeds it takes a bike with around 1000cc, and yes I know some 600cc performance bikes can do it also. So, don't try the NC700 at highway speeds.

To do wheelies at highway speeds it takes a bike with around 1000cc, and yes I know some 600cc performance bikes can do it also. So, don't try the NC700 at highway speeds.

1982 Yamaha RD350LC

3rd gear near redline, slightly more than "way over" highway speed, ***in theory, of course. *** :eek:

0001pics601.jpg

Believe me the NC700 can do wheelies. Start rolling in 1 gear, at about 5 miles per hour either in 1st or 2nd gear (depending on how fast you want the front end to pop up), pull in the clutch, come on with the throttle, and then pop the clutch. Use your throttle to control everything, and don't give it too much throttle or over backward you will come! Heck my scooter even does wheelies. I ain't seen a bike yet, that a short, fat, ugly, old guy could not wheelie!

You callin' me short, fat and ugly, I'll have you know I'm not short, LOL.

Thanks for the thread! That brought back a memory for me. 34 years ago I rode my step brothers RM80. It had already been bored out and was my first taste of a real two stroke.
I hit the power band just as I hit the jump. Yep the RM was riding me when I landed! That little light weight bike would hit 72 mph before you could say, OH MY GOD!

Back