• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

KTM RC8 and NC700X

Phil X

Reaction score
Visit site
Riding along some small narrow winding road:
http://youtu.be/ltTeu4Ypwfs

I took the chance to ride my mates RC8. This is the most powerful motorbike I ever rode, so I was kind of careful. However, it turned out to be a perfect sportsbike even in such a way you could control it very fine, given the fact that I am not used to riding 150HP. Whenever I had tried powerful 4cyls, to me that was a total mess compared to riding the RC8 which does explain itself clear and quickly.
The RC basically is very direct in whatever aspect. It is very lightweighted, handles sharp and clear (and does what you like) and you quickly get the impression nothing could go wrong, even when launching at 8000rpm (which is impressive :)
Well done!

However, to me it would become exhausting in the long run, since it is quite noisy, full weight on wrists, and you have to be 100% fully aware each moment of riding. It definitely is a capable and pure sports bike but not necessarily complicated in any way. Just powerful, direct and big fun if you like to handle this.

When getting back to my Honda (the most interesting moment when trying out a new bike) it turned out the RC8 in some way is like riding a powerful and very responsive engine while the Honda is like riding some relaxed vehicle (which would most likely require an engine somewhere in the chassis). It is way softer in every aspect (softer, but neither unprecise nor indifferent!). It still handles well, but is a totally different style of riding (no surprise). And also there is no noise and no shifting (which I personally have come to enjoy very much). However, there is no way at all keeping pace with the RC8 as soon as the road will open up a little. The RC8 will accelerate like a bullet while the Honda will slowly increase rolling speed (although it basically is not lame given it's weight and performance specs). For those unfamiliar with the DCT, this system might make feel someone slower than it actually is, since everything is smooth, silent and effortless. It is just like floating along, until speedo comes into sight. :cool:

While I personally do not need the RC8 power with my rides I can very well understand those who do :)
My mate for instance is perfect with this bike, no doubt. Best fit.
I personally stay happy with my heavy but relaxed NC even after riding the RC8. It is after all a pretty cool motorbike.

Last edited:
Back