• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What is the highest elevation you've had your NC700?

navigator

Reaction score
Visit site
I took my NC700X "Singer" over the Beartooth Highway last Wednesday. Elevation of Beartooth Pass is 10947 ft. Has anyone had their bike any higher? Here's a photo of my GPS showing a bit less elevation because I hadn't calibrated it prior to leaving in the morning.

IMG_3043.jpg

and another photo taken about halfway to the top of the Pass

IMG_3030.jpg

I went over this pass with it on my move to OR.

Independence Pass, originally known as Hunter Pass, is a high mountain pass in the Rocky Mountains of central Colorado in the United States. It is at elevation 12,095 ft (3,687 m) on the Continental Divide in the Sawatch Range. The pass is midway between Aspen and Twin Lakes, on the border between Pitkin and Lake counties.

After taking this pass like a champ, I knew I was very happy with my first fuel injected bike.

ase9e7aj.jpg
I just rode over 9k feet today. Have to Google it to see how high the summit was. I missed seeing that sign but I know I saw the 9k foot elevation sign twice. Once on the way up and once on the way down. I was on HWY108 the Sonora Pass going from Stockton, CA to Mono Lake, CA.

Edit. 9,623ft was the summit for the Sonora Pass. Even climbing 9,610ft roughly, (Stockton is at 13ft.) I still managed over 73mpgs! Love this bike!

Last edited:
I went up Pike's Peak (14115 ft if I remember right) in Colorado Springs about 10 years ago on a carb'd Suzuki LC1500. It idled VERY low (maybe 400 rpm) and lacked power but still managed to get on top easily, with its 500cc left ! I imagine a fuel injected bike could go onto orbit without issue... Well maybe not...

I went up Pike's Peak (14115 ft if I remember right) in Colorado Springs about 10 years ago on a carb'd Suzuki LC1500. It idled VERY low (maybe 400 rpm) and lacked power but still managed to get on top easily, with its 500cc left ! I imagine a fuel injected bike could go onto orbit without issue... Well maybe not...

Pikes peak climb for motorcycle was won by an electric bike this year (and likely will be for many years to come) with a time of 1- minutes and come change.
Zero motorcycles had production bikes going up in 12 minutes even. which doesn't sound all that fast for a 12 mile course, but with the elevation change at 150 some switchbacks it gets more impressive.

As for elevation, since I haven't made it out of MN yet, it's going to have to be somewhere between 600ft and 2,301ft (though the highest point in MN is not accessible to motorists, so probably never even that high) realistical, my house is at about 750 ft and that is probably very close to the highest.

Was supposed to go over independence pass this year on my southwest trip. Have family in Glenwood Springs. While visiting them the road sign had CLOSED across the sign for the pass. Locals told me they wouldn't have it plowed for about 3 weeks after when I left there. Went over a couple lower passes to get out but nothing very impressive

ase9e7aj.jpg
I just rode over 9k feet today. Have to Google it to see how high the summit was. I missed seeing that sign but I know I saw the 9k foot elevation sign twice. Once on the way up and once on the way down. I was on HWY108 the Sonora Pass going from Stockton, CA to Mono Lake, CA.

Edit. 9,623ft was the summit for the Sonora Pass. Even climbing 9,610ft roughly, (Stockton is at 13ft.) I still managed over 73mpgs! Love this bike!

Hmmmm.....That looks familiar....
This is before my helmet got crushed, lol. This pic reminds of my first ever California vehicle inspection. As I approached the
drive through building, I was imagining a lengthy go-over of my bike by the inspector. I had barely slowed
down enough to put my left foot down, and the inspector said: "You're all set!"

IMG_0435.jpg

Last edited:
I did Pikes Peak a good while back two up on a CB750. When we got back to Colorado Springs I had to change the plugs. Sure like fuel injection a lot better!

Rode Beartooth on 7-23 and Lolo Pass 7-24 after touring Yellowstone. Bike performed flawlessly the entire 3600 miles and averaged about 70 mpg.

Hurricane Ridge, Washington Pass and Artists' Point on Mt. Baker are all in the 5100-5500 foot range. I'll have to travel further afield to get higher than that. I can't wait.

I live at 4600'. Bisbee, a town not too far away, which I've been to several times, is around 5500' (according to Wikipedia). However, the road leaving town to the north climbs at a pretty good rate for a short bit so max is probably in the neighborhood of 6000' +/-.

9701' Galena Summit. Idaho near Ketchum. Makes me wonder what is the highest paved road in the US. I'm guessing it's Pikes Peak or maybe Mount Evans. Both in Colorado.

Gary,

I was wondering how I could get in trouble going to the Wabdr, Washington ride in July. You just solved my problem, Pikes Peak. I have not ridden Pike Peak sense 1975. Are there any restrooms on the way up yet? I heard it is paved all the way now, is that true? Coming home, I will swing over to Sturgis, Buffalo Chip camp grounds of course. You know there is one good thing about getting older, all the young ladies figure you are harmless. I have more young ladies at Daytona and Sturgis pulling up their blouse and showing me their goods than ever before. Shame I have to tell over half of them, they had better get those things back into the incubator and let them grow a some more.

Last edited:
Back