• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X & CTX700D Trip

Big Thump

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Since we were doing an over night trip to Melbourne from Tampa, we decided to have some fun with the GoPro. It is in HD so if you have a fast connection and you switch your settings in Youtube it looks better (I don't look better). Hope you enjoy the tongue-in-cheek humor in the video.
CTX700D & NC700X - YouTube

Last edited:
Nice job. I never did get the hang of video editing. How do you like the position of your legs riding the CTX compared to the NC? Too far forward? Does it cause back problems on a long ride? Thanks.

With the Helmet "warning" notice, I kept cringing, waiting for the helmet to be knocked off the railing and down into the abyss, lol :eek: ;)

Great vid, thanks

ps ya, the exhaust did sound quite a bit different than the X!

Yoda; said:
Nice job. I never did get the hang of video editing. How do you like the position of your legs riding the CTX compared to the NC? Too far forward? Does it cause back problems on a long ride? Thanks.
Yoda: Thank you. Yea, learning curve on video editing is kind of high. I spend way more time than I want in front of a computer putting videos together for family and friends. However, since my wife and I travel a lot, it is nice to go back and watch where we have been.
As for the leg position (not meaning to ramble), it is great! I am 5'8" and 29" inseam. I only have ridden the bike about 5 miles since it's her bike. Maggie is only 5', and she said it is as easy for her as the Vulcan EN500 she rides. More stretch to the footrests but she thinks she can do another Ironbutt on this bike, so I guess it's all ok. I will steal away on it when I get the chance because it is a fun bike to ride.

Really good video. I did not realize that the exhaust on the CTX700D make the bike sound so much different than NC700.
OCR: It (CTX) sounds more like a Gold Wing in person (IMO). Better than the stock can on the NCX for sure. The video cam made it sound like it had a lot more growl. The NCX on the cam with the Dan Moto, sounds pretty good! Not loud, and I like it that way.

With the Helmet "warning" notice, I kept cringing, waiting for the helmet to be knocked off the railing and down into the abyss, lol :eek: ;)

Great vid, thanks

ps ya, the exhaust did sound quite a bit different than the X!

LOL! After seeing it the first time through, I was thinking the same thing, even though I knew she had it the rest of the trip. That would have been a bad day for a Shoei Multitec! Nothing but swamp water below.

Great job on the video, looks like a great ride. The CTX does have a nice sound.

Thanks X-Man! The video doesn't really represent the sound of the bike that well. It just sounds very Goldwing 1800 like to me in stock form. However, I like the sound of a an 1800 Goldwing.

shadowsmurf said:
nice video, congrats on the good work

Thanks Shadowsmurf! It was fun putting it together.

Great video and commentary. I keep wondering where people find all these nice roads with so little traffic. It was good to hear about and see the CTX in real time. Enjoy your rides.

Great video and commentary. I keep wondering where people find all these nice roads with so little traffic. It was good to hear about and see the CTX in real time. Enjoy your rides.

Thanks Dan. No traffic rides, I have to give credit to my wife Maggie. She has been finding the best roads in America for 13 years, and never ceases to amaze me. She puts a lot of effort each night looking for the next days ride. Most of the time it works out. GPS, Maps and Google.

Back