• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Muffler can - rear seam leak.

CNO

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just FYI - if you still have the stock can on your scoot and it looks like the pic below - it's not supposed to. This bike is the 6th NEW Honda I've owned and this is my 1st warranty claim ever. In addition, This will also be the 1st time a wrench other than mine has touched one of my bikes.

Anyway, Getting the new one installed next week.

Being we in the US only get a 1 year warranty, I caught it just in time!

leak.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the "heads-up", checked and mine is OK.

Art

Good to hear. To be honest, I'll be really surprised if anyone else has the same problem. But given the short warranty period and the cost of a replacement - seemed best to throw some light on it.

Ditto what Art said. And that reminds me, my 1 year warranty is up next Tuesday!

Greg

Just FYI - if you still have the stock can on your scoot and it looks like the pic below - it's not supposed to.
So, did you hear a difference? Is that what lead you to start looking at the muffler? (A long time ago when mufflers and tailpipes regularly rusted out, the first clue there was something going on was usually the change in the sound.)

If you can get a replacement on Honda then by all means go for it as we've already paid for the warranty as part of the purchase price. For everyone else, an opportunity to change to an aftermarket bit-o-hardware. (Hmmm. If you really like the Honda muffler, I'd bet you might pick one up cheap from someone who went the aftermarket route.)

So, did you hear a difference? Is that what lead you to start looking at the muffler? (A long time ago when mufflers and tailpipes regularly rusted out, the first clue there was something going on was usually the change in the sound.)

Didn't notice any changes in sound, saw it when I installed the hard cases on the back.

Back