• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Forum wish list

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All I am looking for suggestions to improve our site. What are some additional features you would like to see on the site..

Also I am looking for some moderators. We are growing fast and its going to quickly become more that I can handle on my own.

Thanks

Dennis

Choose wisely Dennis, if I am moderated by a certain person, I will be out of here in 2 seconds. We need to focus on being a happy forum, avoid negativity (sarcasm and cynicism) and help one another out and share knowledge. However, this is not a library nor a Thesis centre. This is also not a boxing ring and we should not come here if we are feeling angry or want to pick a fight. I come here as HAPPY and I like being Happy and I want to logout Happy. This is a virtual "fireplace" for me, and I like to contribute my ideas, my questions, my limited knowledge and MAKE FRIENDS. People should be polite and be treated equally. Berating others is never a good thing. I can "lose my cool" when i sense a fight coming along. Good begets good. One more thing: we should disallow people here from luring others to "the other forum" via hints or even direct links. This is certainly not a right thing to do to a forum.

Thank you for the replies gentlemen...

Happy. I agree with the issue of linking to the other site.. In my opinion if you are posting links to promote that site on this site you will be Banned. Obviously that person does not want to be here anyways so they can go and park at the other forum....

It would appear that once again Mr Happy is having a dig at me. I would like to point out that I enjoy both forums and have never (or ever will ) post a direct link from one to the other.
To me the advantage of belonging to more than forum is the ability to gain even more knowledge. It is a bit like reading more than one book on a subject

What I would like is to be able to see my posts online more quickly. I don't know why, but every time I have tried to post or reply it tooks for ever to see my messages posted. In fact, I don't know if I will get this one posted some time...

What I would like is to be able to see my posts online more quickly. I don't know why, but every time I have tried to post or reply it tooks for ever to see my messages posted. In fact, I don't know if I will get this one posted some time...

It happens sometimes when the admin is doing something, like loading up google-ads?
:p

But after a while, it works smoothly again.

Nope, I found the "Quick Reply" option at the bottom of the page usually works great (I'm writing this from there), but when I click on the "Reply With Quote" option to reply and quote a specific message, it says my message will be reviewed by the admin before posting... I have one message waiting this review in the recent 12v thread (http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/352-12v-switched-power-plug-location.html)

Does it work the same way for you, guys?

Nope, I found the "Quick Reply" option at the bottom of the page usually works great (I'm writing this from there), but when I click on the "Reply With Quote" option to reply and quote a specific message, it says my message will be reviewed by the admin before posting... I have one message waiting this review in the recent 12v thread (http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/352-12v-switched-power-plug-location.html)

Just trying this to see if does the same for me

Good to know Rocker66, thanks for verifying. May be I'm a guy needing review :rolleyes:

Probably just a glitch in the Matrix...let me check with the Oracle....
(just kidding)
:p

Works fine for me. One hint, when you post more and more messages, I don't think your posts need to be go through mods. Just be gentle to me and the kind folks here. :rolleyes:

Hi all.. I have changed the site to that registered users do not see the adds but they are show to Unregistered / not logged in users... This should speed up your browsing on the site.. also I am working on setting up a CDN that will speed up the site (FYI)

I knew that I shouldn't have spoken too soon. yesterday I posted in the "What's your top speed?" thread ising the post with quote tab and my message has never appeared.
Also as a complete old duffer when it comes to computers could anyone please tell me what a CDN is

Thanks guys. I still have not been able to track down the reply with quote bug. I looked in the que and there are no messages there. They are also not in the messages needing moderation area.. Very strange... Does this happen with the reply button or quick reply, or is it only with thte reaply with quote?

To me, it happens with the "reply with quote" button. Thanks for your support

Back