• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Around Lake Superior

what next

Reaction score
Visit site
Took a lap around the big lake last week. Up the Mississippi valley always a nice ride. Had to stop in Cloquet at Gordy's Hi Hat for fish sandwiches cheese curds and shakes.
20130709_162643.jpg
Then we had to sidetrack over to Manitoba.
P1030173.jpg
Why Manitoba, well have never been in Manitoba by motorcycle. So now in last 8 years we have traveled in 49 states 10 Canadian Provinces and Yukon Territory.
This guy passed us up tires singing then he saw the cop the sing turned into a buzz has he hit the brakes. Lucky for him the mountie was already busy.
20130711_114951.jpg
We caught up with him at gas stop, he was coming back from Prudhoe Bay very tough ride this year he said, as several people from forum have found out. He was headed for Labrador. We told him we had ridden in Labrador 2 years ago ,,,, but we had taken ferry from New Foundland. The roads around lake are nice I like it because still have a lot of motels where you park right in front of door.
20130709_185618.jpg
Ended up by coming down the west shoreline of Lake Michigan just over 2500 miles 6 easy days. 76 mpg best 61 low on the 250 miles of interstate we took.

The Circle Tour is a great ride. Haven't done it in 20 years but hope to soon! Thanks for the post about your trip.

Is the seat on your NC the stocker?

Greg

The Circle Tour is a great ride. Haven't done it in 20 years but hope to soon! Thanks for the post about your trip.

Is the seat on your NC the stocker?

Greg
Seat stock I leave it on top the bracket. Found a great sheepskin shop in Canada.

Did that three years ago and hope to do it again next month. I love Highway 17 around the lake. I will be camping my way around clockwise this time.
Mike

Did that three years ago and hope to do it again next month. I love Highway 17 around the lake. I will be camping my way around clockwise this time.
Mike
Lots of great camping areas did that about 10 years ago. Lots of road construction around Thunderbay.

I know you are enjoying the lake environment and in the first pics I see that fast food there which is very delicious looking and I want to know that how many peoples along with you?

Seat stock I leave it on top the bracket. Found a great sheepskin shop in Canada.

Let me guess, you bought the sheep skin at Egli's sheep farm just outside Dryden Ontario? Your in my neck of the woods now. Did you pass through Kenora?

I can vouch for the sheep skin. I have one on my NC. Fits the bike perfect and amazingly comfortable.

Back