• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Speedometer display disappearing - intermittent

Isis

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a brand new N700x in October 2012. At around 200 miles my speedo display disappeared for the first time and the engine management light appeared. I am now at 600 miles and it has been to the garage 5 times. They cannot find the cause of the problem...they have cleaned connectors....replaced a speed sensor, but it just keeps happening. It drives me mad.

Has anyone experienced this on their NC?

Thanks

I recommend you use your warranty for this. I see you live in a moist area, try die electric grease. Can be purchased at any auto parts store. Unplug every thing, add die electric grease to plug fitting, then plug it all back together. Something is not making a good connection.

I bought a brand new N700x in October 2012. At around 200 miles my speedo display disappeared for the first time and the engine management light appeared. I am now at 600 miles and it has been to the garage 5 times. They cannot find the cause of the problem...they have cleaned connectors....replaced a speed sensor, but it just keeps happening. It drives me mad.

Has anyone experienced this on their NC?

Thanks

Does the whole instrument panel go blank or just the speed indication? Not that it matters, but is this a manual or DCT model?

Greg

The neutral light on mine stopped working after only 200 kilometers and the dealer ended up replacing the complete instrument pod. They initially thought there was a loose connection but after spending some five hours trying to find it this was the only resolve

Lorne

The neutral light on mine stopped working after only 200 kilometers and the dealer ended up replacing the complete instrument pod. They initially thought there was a loose connection but after spending some five hours trying to find it this was the only resolve

Lorne
Thank you for the info Lorne, if not a bit unsettling news to hear though, lol...:eek:

If you plan on keeping you NC700 for a long period of time, consider the Honda Extended Warranty. It covers parts and labor, but not abuse, accident, or theft.

Back