• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Testing new camera

Phil X

Reaction score
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa6R4mhiWo8
Initial testriding. Still working on camera position. New setup to come soon.
Strange engine sound and fog result from using the underwater case. Preordered an open frame case.
But all in all, very happy with camera. Full HD quality is amazing.

Last edited:
I was hoping to see some dyno results from your new cam, but then it dawned on me it wasn't that kind of cam. :D

I was hoping to see some dyno results from your new cam, but then it dawned on me it wasn't that kind of cam. :D
Sorry for abusing english language. I am doing my best, but sometimes this is not sufficient. :)

Craig, the Ram mounts clamp with ball, arm and camera mount was my very first attempt:
HDR-AS15 Demo an Motorrad, HQ, 170 Grad, 30fps, Steady shot off - YouTube
This is where the GPS cradle is mounted in the videos above, and I can easily use it for the camera, in case I do not need a GPS.
Handlebar installation works quite well, but I for myself do prefer the centered position of the trunk cover mount.
In the meantime I did lots of short rides with different camera positions (frame mount, tail mount, whatever), but none of them worked out the way I like it.
I will most likely stick to the trunk cover mount and good old helmet mount interchangingly:
Actioncam Sony HDR-AS15 an Honda NC700X, Helmkamera - YouTube
(angle only 120 degree as opposed to 170 degree above, but with steady shot stabilization)
The helmet mount maximizes video quality with respect to vibrations and also shows exactly those things I turn my head at.
On the other hand it hides motorcycle movement very much, especially lateral movement, but I can live with that most likely.

DanH: thanks a lot! Did not realize when editing my initial post text.

Last edited:
Ok, after one week of testing with lots of short rides, I finally found my personal ranking:
1. helmet mount Actioncam HDR-AS15 an Honda NC700X - Helmkamera mit AKA-SF1 Halterung - YouTube
2. trunk cover mount Actioncam HDR-AS15 mit AKA-SF1 Halter an Honda NC700X - "Tank"-Perspektive - YouTube
This time I used the new AKA-SF1 cradle and no longer the underwater case. Sound is quite realistic now.
This weekend we will do a 2 days slope in Italy. I will try to capture some nice sections there.
Phil

Currently working on tour video of mentioned 2 days 1000km trip through Austria and Italy:
Friaulrunde 07/2013 Pt.1 (Honda NC700X und KTM Duke 125) - YouTube
This is only a short preview of the complete trip with all the highlights yet to come. However, it takes me lots of time to compile all the snippets I have got, especially due to the fact I am rendering a full HD video at 1920x1080 with an Intel Atom D525 CPU. :)
So, this might take some weeks to get finished. Hope it will be enjoyable.

Thanks a lot! Updated with prolongated version this night, covering probably one third of the trip:
Friaulrunde 7/2013, Tourtag 1, NC700XD & Duke 125 - YouTube
9:03 of mountain backroad riding at Full HD quality, including some nice sections in Italy and some "bugfixes". Will delete the previous version on youtube.
Once more I realize from those wide angle captures: those italian backroads look much wider with respect to turns and bends as they are in reality: narrow, single or 1.5 lane, with very tight turns, some gravel every now and then, potholes (however, some extremely narrow sections yet to come, not included in tonights version).

Update: finally finished second trip day as well:
Friaulrunde 7/2013, Tourtag 2, NC700XD & Duke 125 - YouTube
13:50 min of riding small winding mountain roads in Italy. Hope you like it like I do.

Last edited:
Back