• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hot Weather Gloves?

Gloves are one of those things you should try on for size before buying. The ones that fit my hand usually have fingers that are too long for me.

This bags the question: how do we choose our Gloves?

1. It should be made of real leather on the palm side, in order to enable sliding in the event of a fall
2. It should protect the the full fingers (so no cut off). Some racing gloves have hard shells on top. That's good too.
3. It should breathe in summer or protect against rain (Goretex is best but expensive)
4. It should be fitting, but not too tight
5. They should be a comfort to wear, and not a bane.

:D
Those are my criteria. Haven't found an ideal pair yet.
:p

Bicycle Gloves???

Just a thought...
Perhaps a decent pair of bicycle gloves (from your local bicycle shop)? I have a pair that meet 4 of 5 of happy's requirements. (The have cut off fingers.) What they do have is a padded leather palm that seems to help with the vibration and provides just a bit of cushion.

Just a thought...
Perhaps a decent pair of bicycle gloves (from your local bicycle shop)? I have a pair that meet 4 of 5 of happy's requirements. (The have cut off fingers.) What they do have is a padded leather palm that seems to help with the vibration and provides just a bit of cushion.

No cut off fingers. Your fingers and bottom of the palm are first to wear away as you try to brace yourself in the crash.

I love my Arbiter glove from Alpine star : Alpinestars Arbiter Gloves - RevZilla. I got it free for recommending a buddy to go to my local dealer.

The inside of the glove is like a lush supple soft feel. The split armor knuckle protector makes grabbing the bar easy and comfortable unlike a continuous armor strip. The short cuff makes it nice and cool with my summer mesh riding jacket.

Airflow is fantastic. Grip on the bars is comfy and a secure feeling. So far, the best summer riding glove I have tried on. And I tried on every single glove my local dealer offered.

Just a thought...

Then please ride at 10-30kmh with those gloves....
:p

One option to consider that is usually overlooked are motocross gloves. You can usually find them on sale sometimes below $10 a pair.

They are really good if you are the type that insist on having full "Feel" of the throttle grip. They are also very comfortable. I rode with a pair of motocross gloves for my first 10 years riding even though I had several other pair, they were just that comfortable.

They are also a great choice for waterproof gloves, as the waterproof motocross gloves are also cheaper and still give you good "feel" of the throttle. I have had a pair of waterproof motocross gloves for probably 15+ years now. They are still in great shape as I don't ride with them often.

Motorcycle Closeouts

Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that one personal criterion was a light color like silver/grey/white. Not so much because it "goes with" my gear, but because dark colors heat up really quick in the South Texas sun. Can get pretty bad at long signals and stop-n-go traffic.

This is what I use:

Taichi RST401 Velocity Leather Mesh Carbon Glove
RST377_BLK__13411.1275087103.1280.1280.jpg

Got these ones:

icon_anthem_gloves_zoom.jpg

And so far LOVE THEM!

Not even once have had sweaty hands... and the weather here is quite hot. :cool:

Back