• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front tire

mcbridedl

Reaction score
Visit site
It seems as though my front tire is very noisy, is that normal?
It has always been that way. At least for the last 2500 miles, because that's all I have on it.

It seems as though my front tire is very noisy, is that normal?
It has always been that way. At least for the last 2500 miles, because that's all I have on it.

Which brand of tire did your bike come with?

Mine came with the Metzeler Z8's. The front tire howled like a banshee under braking! Loudest (street) tire I've ever heard. ;)

Which brand of tire did your bike come with?

Mine came with the Metzeler Z8's. The front tire howled like a banshee under braking! Loudest (street) tire I've ever heard. ;)

I would have a hard time believing they could be as noisy as the Bridgestone's! I can't wait to put my PR3's on.

I would have a hard time believing they could be as noisy as the Bridgestone's! I can't wait to put my PR3's on.

:jealous: I've heard nothing but great praise for the PR3's (and 2's before them as well)

Looking forward to your impressions and reports on them! :D

They would have been my next choice of tires hands down, if I hadn't kinda veered off into right field for a more knobbly experiment, lol

I wear earplugs and use a bluetooth headset to listen to music during my commute. So I don't hear a thing.

Is this bluetooth headset inside a helmet? What kind is it?

I ordered a new helmet with bluetooth built in ...I am hoping to get it tomorrow. Its a Torc helmet with Blinc bluetooth. Is that a good one?

:jealous: I've heard nothing but great praise for the PR3's (and 2's before them as well)

They would have been my next choice of tires hands down, if I hadn't kinda veered off into right field for a more knobbly experiment, lol

I will give a full report on the PR3's when I put them on. It seems that JDE and I have the same preferences with our bikes, so watch what he says and I bet my impressions won't be far off.

I ordered a new helmet with bluetooth built in ...I am hoping to get it tomorrow. Its a Torc helmet with Blinc bluetooth. Is that a good one?

I'm betting he's got a Sena SMH 10 and yes, they work quite well.

I have a Sena SMH10R on my Scorpion EXO-900. I've never used any other system yet, so I don't know if yours is a good one.

around here, dealers are offering a special on the PR2s. $375 installed front and rear. I couldn't pass that up, even though I wanted PR3s. So far, I'm liking the change from the Metzlers. The bike feels more nimble and it's very smooth on the highway.

I will attempt to scare you.

Does the handlebar also wobble in a strange way?
Are the handlebars 100% perpendicular to the line of front tire?
Do you feel a shake when you accelerate?
Do you feel some uneasiness when you change gears?
Does the front tire noise change when you lean to the front and/or to the side?
Is the front tire balanced?

.....:p
just ride the bike....
there is nothing wrong unless it wobbles horribly (which is very unlikely for a new bike).
tire noise is normal....

Back