• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

"Fenda Extenda" Extender

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of you may know of the "Fenda Extenda". It's a piece of plastic that extends the NC700x's front fender. It helps keep splash from the front tire off your bike. It costs about $30.

I have one, and I like it... but...

Today I noticed I'm still getting a strip of road tar on my plastic cowling that fits over the oil filter...

My solution?

the "Fenda Extenda" Extender... (made from the plastic of a $4 waste basket from Walmart, and had I known it was that easy to fashion one, I would have made my own, a little longer, from the same black plastic.)
IMG_0902a.jpg

There is a contingent of folks on this forum who are probably queueing up to tell you how unsightly headed fasteners are. So suit up!

:)

Some of you may know of the "Fenda Extenda". It's a piece of plastic that extends the NC700x's front fender. It helps keep splash from the front tire off your bike. It costs about $30.

I have one, and I like it... but...

Today I noticed I'm still getting a strip of road tar on my plastic cowling that fits over the oil filter...

My solution?

the "Fenda Extenda" Extender... (made from the plastic of a $4 waste basket from Walmart, and had I known it was that easy to fashion one, I would have made my own, a little longer, from the same black plastic.)
View attachment 5908

Dang Strat!! You are creative!

I admit, it's ugly, but I'm hoping for a little better result.
I think the rivets look kinda "cool"... though I've never belonged in the "cool" camp.

NB:
if you use a fabric measuring tape, and measure the distance across the top of the existing fender, you can cut the plastic you're using to that width. It will appear to be too wide when you hold it up to the fender because it's not curved.

to get that curve, I used to plastic, ratcheting, hand clamps on each side to hold the plastic in place and flush up against the curved fender. That reproduced the curve in the new plastic and held it that way so I could put in the rivets. The rivets now keep the new plastic cuved and conformed to the fender.

The curve introduces even more rigidity to the new plastic and keeps it from bending into the front wheel. If I'd known to clamp it when I started all this, I would have skipped the $30 Fenda Extenda and just made my own cut to the longer length. Getting the "waste basket" from wallmart, the tall black one, made the difference as it uses a thicker mil (is that the right word) plastic. I wish I knew what thickness it was... I'd list it.

Reversable? yes. I could use pliers to crush the rivet heads, cut them off and then fill the holes in the "Fenda Extenda" with black "DAP" from a tube. Not perfect, but it would be hard to notice the filled holes in the original Fenda Extenda.

Last edited:
I would cut The Extender smaller At The Bottom. As You say The rivets make the plastic curve and follow the fender where it attaches But then it goes Right back To being Too Wide. If It Tapered Down to The Bottom Then It Would Look Right. My 2¢..

I would cut The Extender smaller At The Bottom. As You say The rivets make the plastic curve and follow the fender where it attaches But then it goes Right back To being Too Wide. If It Tapered Down to The Bottom Then It Would Look Right. My 2¢..

I could still do that with house scissors. I made it flare out at the bottom just because that's how cruiser bikes seem to have theirs work.

There is a contingent of folks on this forum who are probably queueing up to tell you how unsightly headed fasteners are. So suit up!

:)

Strat, no offence bro, but I think it's too much.... C'mon buddy... It's a bike, not a guitar :) :) :) It is suppose to get some dirt on it and be washed off later on. Joys of the bike ownership!
JMHO!

Strat, no offence bro, but I think it's too much.... C'mon buddy... It's a bike, not a guitar :) :) :) It is suppose to get some dirt on it and be washed off later on. Joys of the bike ownership!
JMHO!

No offense taken.
I will have to agree on that point... it's a case of too much farkle concentrated on ONE ITEM.
Farkle, it seems, should be more evenly dispersed.

I've taken the plastic cowling off (the one that covers the oil filter) and scrubbed it clean. I'll leave the extension on to see if it makes that remaining strip of black road spray go away.

It's become an experiment now because it ain't pretty!

Last edited:
I went out on a long ride. Had no problems... the plastic under cowling is untouched.

I'm keeping it. It's geeky and a little weird, but I like it. It's me.

My solution?

the "Fenda Extenda" Extender...

My solution to tar on the aforementioned bodywork? I painted it black! Secondary benefit is that it now matches the surrounding plastics! Quick & easy!

Run Strat, the PhastenerPhobic crowd is here! Ridicule is certain!

I apply no criticism or ridicule. When Strat wanted advice on how to use a pop-rivet I was the first to provide it. They are a great fastener and I have used many. Recently I have found 3M VHB and love the results I get with it. That is all. :)

Back