• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc750 ??

Well, shoot. I'll have to eat my words if this turns out to be true.

Since the stroke would be a little harder to modify, we'd have to assume the gain would come from a slightly bigger bore. The question is then, what will the actually displacement be? Since the "700" is really only 670cc, could the "750" be a mere 710cc or so? We'll have to wait and see.

No disappointment for me, though. I am totally satisfied with the 670cc version.

I too am very surprised but it makes perfect sense when you consider the new 500's that are out there. I mean, why compete with yourself? Very interesting.

NEW mod for the 700.....................BIG BORE KIT................:cool:

BEEMER you can be first to see if it (cylinder) will "bolt right on":):):):)

Just a guess those looking for 15-20HP out of 40-60cc increase maybe disappointed.

This would also bring the question how thick is the current cylinder wall is??? That would allow boring and purchasing a new piston and ring.........but we are getting way ahead of ourselves.:eek:

Last edited:
Do you have to have different licenses for bikes with different engine sizes in Europe or something? Its one size fits all here in the US.

You know the more I think about it....Why stop at 750? Why not 850? Is it a different classification that a 750?? I mean, Aprilia had the Mana 850 in a somewhat similar bike.

Last edited:
As with anything you buy, that's new and wonderful, something else comes out to replace it almost immediately.
That's just how things go....
I'm happy with my NC700x and plan to ride until the engine wears out and then keep replacing the engine and ride until I wear out!

Rejoice! The 700 has become a collector's item.

Last edited:
With the release of the CB500s, I had suspected that this would happen. The power outputs of the CBX and NCX are just too close. Honda are responding to the initial feedback of the NCX owner and had already updated the pricing and now it's addressing the power output complaints (not really an issue for me). Hopefully, Honda would change the option packages and update the suspension as well.

I am still puzzled why Honda doesn't move it all the way up to 800 to compete against the Tiger 800 and F800GS. The NCX does have a lot going with it's design concept. Why not go all out?

Rejoice! The 700 has become a collectors item.

That's a very cheerful way of saying, "Honda just killed the future resale value of used NC700 models". Good thing we like ours well enough to ride them until the wheels fall off.

I too will keep mine for some time.....BUT I can say that I would love to have 10 more HP....Then again if I had 10 more HP, I would probably want ......10 more....:)

That's a very cheerful way of saying, "Honda just killed the future resale value of used NC700 models". Good thing we like ours well enough to ride them until the wheels fall off.

All they need do is raise the price of the new 750 over the old 700, and suddenly our old 2012 manual 700s that sold for $600 below MSRP will look like a bargain.

Greg

BEEMER you can be first to see if it (cylinder) will "bolt right on":):):):)

I can't come out and play right now. I am busy turning my 750 BMW into a 1000 BMW.

For an extra 50cc, I would not even get the tools out. Anyway, I am on record with a number of others on the site who are completely satisfied with the performance / economy mix that the current mill provides. I'll leave it be.

Photo097.jpg

All they need do is raise the price of the new 750 over the old 700, and suddenly our old 2012 manual 700s that sold for $600 below MSRP will look like a bargain.

Greg

Imagine yourself a dealer with a bunch of unsalable 2013s on your hands. Or dealing with irate customers who feel gypped because you didn't tell them they could have waited a short while and had a bigger engine.

The 2013 700s will be heavily discounted while the 2014 750s will have a slightly increased MSRP, I would imagine. There will be takers, if the price is right

Imagine yourself a dealer with a bunch of unsalable 2013s on your hands. Or dealing with irate customers who feel gypped because you didn't tell them they could have waited a short while and had a bigger engine.

The 2013 700s will be heavily discounted while the 2014 750s will have a slightly increased MSRP, I would imagine. There will be takers, if the price is right

Put the ol' marketing spin on it: The 700 gets better fuel economy than the 750! Get 'em while you still can! When they're gone, THEY'RE GONE!

It is a big "so what?" it happens all the time.

In 1977 the BMW R75/6 became the R80/7
In 1998 the VFR750 became the VFR800
The Gold Wing went from a GL1000 in 1975, to a GL1200 in 1984, to a GL1500 in 1988, to a GL1800 in 2001

and on it goes...

BMW R1100, R1150, R1200
KTM 950, 990, 1190

In 2015 you can probably watch the Honda 500 become a 550 just like the CB500 did in 1974. Wowzers!

Back