• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Throttle question

Mandalorian

Reaction score
Visit site
I've just noticed that I have to rotate the throttle a ways (1"or so) before it begins to accelerate the engine. I'm not sure if it was always this way ,but now that I'm riding more and am more relaxed I realized it. Is it supposed to accelerate the engine the instant you turn it at all ? Have less that 600 miles so far. Could the cable have stretched already? If so; anybody ever adjusted the throttle cable. How?

The adjuster on the pull cable will help that. It's right after the throttle housing has two nuts. Break the locking nut loose and adjust the long one to your liking.

I've just noticed that I have to rotate the throttle a ways (1"or so) before it begins to accelerate the engine. I'm not sure if it was always this way ,but now that I'm riding more and am more relaxed I realized it. Is it supposed to accelerate the engine the instant you turn it at all ? Have less that 600 miles so far. Could the cable have stretched already? If so; anybody ever adjusted the throttle cable. How?

I'm so glad someone finally asked that. That LAG space is annoying. I don't understand the reply, but it's nice to know that it can be adjusted. I'll have a look-see at the service manual so I can find out what bolts to turn, in what order, and in what direction to make an adjustment.

I'm sure the reply will make sense if I just go out and look at it.

as far as i remember-there is should be some free play in throttle. just as in clutch. check the manual.

I was too annoyed by the play in the throttle. However, after slowly moving the bike a few times ( off the bike pushing it back, on the bike walking it back/forward in a tight spot ) I realized if there was no play, the bike would sometimes accelerate off when you don't want it too (dct/automatic is always ready to rock'n roll). This makes sure your acceleration is deliberate, and not a slip of the hand. I left the play for that reason. I think it has saved me a few times already...

Last edited:
I was too annoyed by the play in the throttle. However, after slowly moving the bike a few times ( off the bike pushing it back, on the bike walking it back/forward in a tight spot ) I realized if there was no play, the bike would sometimes accelerate off when you don't want it too (dct/automatic is always ready to rock'n roll). This makes sure your acceleration is deliberate, and not a slip of the hand. I left the play for that reason. I think it has saved me a few times already...

this is exactly why it's there

I had to adjust to it as well, but sure it came handy already.

Back