• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My experience with the ABS brakes

jgeys

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday I experimented a bit with my ABS brakes under wet conditions. When using front and rear (combined) brake simultaneously the ABS activates very, very quickly; at a moment the tire could still handle quite some more brake power. When I start by only using the front brake and only afterwards add the rear brake I can put more power on the front wheel before ABS kicks in. In think by using the rear/combined brake, not enough weight is transferred to the front wheel.

Interested to hear what your experience is with the NC700X ABS (I have the european manual gearbox + ABS version)

Cheers,

Jurgen

That is true. If you apply rear brake it prevents weight some transfer to the front. It's why in reality the fastest way to stop is by properly using the front brake only. Once you get maximum weight to the front you really can use just the front brake. Since you have ABS too lockup is not even a problem.

Water is not the best place to "try" the ABS. Sandy or pebble roads are the best.

They work as advertised, not great not bad. They just work.
:p

Back