• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Red River Gourge (Kentucky) Ride

Huck369

Reaction score
Visit site
June 15 2013

I thought I’d post up a ride report on my first “all day” ride on my new NC700X…
Started off the day meeting up with some of my riding buddies at a little grocery store that has a small cafeteria style eatery in it, and had a tenderloin and egg biscuit, and an Orange Juice ($3.56) so after eating and filling up the NC, we headed out (6 bikes total).

Went west on Hwy 80 over to London, Ky, then headed north on Hwy 30…stopped around Zekes Point, KY for a couple of the ladies a restroom break.
Then headed on up Hwy 30 to just above Levi, and turned left onto Hwy 11, which took us all the way up thru Natural Bridge State Park, this takes you up thru the Red River Gorge, and has some incredible scenery, Then on up to Slade, KY where we stopped at a Subway for Some lunch (I had a 6” Turkey, Black Forrest Ham, and Bacon Melt on Honey Oat Bread, a bag of Doritos, and a Drink…total $6.37)

After Lunch we headed a couple more mile up Hwy 11, then turned onto Hwy 77 “The Nada Tunnel Road” which takes you thru more of the Red River Gorge, and thru the one lane, just cut from the rock “Nada Tunnel” and is the best leg of the trip, really great views, and scenery, I highly recommend this road…took Hwy 77 on up until it ended at Hwy 460, when west on 460 over to Mt. Sterling, where we stopped for a few to stretch, and decide our route.

We decided to head West on Hwy 60 over thru Winchester, KY then took Hwy 627 down to Fort Boonesboro, Made a stop there at the Old Fort, before continuing west until we hit Hwy 25, and headed south on 25, down to Richmond KY, were we stopped for dinner.
(I had a Double Cheese Burger with Fries, and water and a Jr Shake…total $6.66 wasn’t real happy with that total, but left a tip to bring it up to $8.00)

So after getting our bellies full, we continued south on Hwy 25, thru Berea, KY, and on down thru Renfro Valley, KY, where we hopped on Hwy 461, which tooks us back to hwy 80 just east of Somerset, and east on Hwy 80 back to the Start….where I filled up my NC700X, had traveled 238 Miles, and took 2.85 Gallons($10.25) for 83 MPG !!! I was really happy with that, was my best mileage to date 

So my dollar costs for the days trips was a total of $28.18 ….most of my riding buddies spent that in gas 
And either the seat has broken in to my butt, or my butt has broken into the seat, as it really didn’t bother me on the ride…left out at 9:30 am, and returned home about 8:30 pm….Loving this bike….

Attached a pic of the entrance to the Nada Tunnel....I'm not a big picture taker...I do have some video of us going thru the tunnel, if I ever get it down loaded..
3826_660547413960810_1908700583_n.jpg

Back